Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fact: Obama created more jobs in 2010 than Bush did in his entire 8 years.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: Which of these applies to you?

Options:

Employed-working for "the man"

Self-Employed (please feel free to share your knowledge/experiences

Unemployed (by force)

Unemployed (by choice)

Other??

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

http://www.bls.gov/home.htm <---do a little research here.

In all seriousness, why do people expect Obama to personally create and hire them for a job? What happened to the "American way" of starting our own businesses and creating our own jobs? Small businesses are supposed to be the backbone of our economy. Since when do we as Americans expect to sit around and wait for a job to be created for us?

I know that there are many moms on this site who operate their own small businesses, whether it be their main source of income or a hobby on the side to create extra cash flow. Why don't we ask them questions and see how they have done it? Everyone has a vision/dream/etc...why not takes steps to make that dream or vision a reality? Every mom on here who has started a small business started it with a simple idea in their head and did what they had to do to make it happen. We can learn from these women who have taken proactive steps to employ themselves.

I commend every woman here who has put in hard work, made sacrifices, and done anything necessary to turn what they are passionate about into sustainable work. It is not easy, but it IS doable. This is what America needs to strive for. Who REALLY wants to work for someone else their entire life anyway, ya know?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Bumpity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmylife146
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:24 AM
That website was accused of exaggerating the numbers.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I'm kind of other.. I am unemployed by force and choice.. I took a less demanding temp position at work because I was pregnant...

NickiNavarro
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I am opening my own shop, quite honestly I have personally benefited form so much that Obama has done, we are finally getting on our feet.

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM
I agree that Obama has done great things for our country. But then again, I am not blinded by hate so I might be in the minority in this post.

OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM
How exciting! What kind of shop?

I have benefited in several ways as well.

Quoting NickiNavarro:

I am opening my own shop, quite honestly I have personally benefited form so much that Obama has done, we are finally getting on our feet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Ditto! I have no problems with the man. People see what they want to see with him.

Quoting art.diva:

I agree that Obama has done great things for our country. But then again, I am not blinded by hate so I might be in the minority in this post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelikecrazy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

He also crushed entire companies, and PARTS of companies, causing many to go jobless.

Of course, the don't tell you that.

Luvmylife146
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
It is not about hate. It is about difference in political views. Does every not remember the "hate" towards Bush and Clinton. It is always like this with every President. I actually like the guys personality, I just do not agree with his policies.
art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Fox news....reporting what no one else will.
Quoting lovelikecrazy:

He also crushed entire companies, and PARTS of companies, causing many to go jobless.

Of course, the don't tell you that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)