Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

refunds with earned income split up in two checks?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
  • 13 Replies

i heard that eraned income is split up into two seperate checks...is that true? we filed on the 27th...the latest its supposed to be is the 11th but one of our friends filed after  us and got his today...if you filed on 27th did you get yours yet? we efiled

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_since06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

BUMP!

Sarah0379
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I don't believe they split the checks. And I filed mine on the 28th and I haven't recieved mine yet either.

Mom_since06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

BUMP!

AngelMama6203
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

Here is the IRS refund cycle chart: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf

Never seen, nor done anyone's taxes that got their refund on a different day than what that chart said, unless there were issues with their return.

Never heard of EIC being split, unless a person requested their refund be split and direct deposited into separate accounts.

ETA: Refunds go by when your return was accepted, not when it was filed.

Mom_since06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM

BUMP!

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

I did my taxes on 1/22 and got them back on 1/31. I recieved the EIC and got my full refund at one time... FYI direct deposit takes a shorter time than paper checks so if you are getting a check and your friend got direct deposit that might be why he got his refund first

Mom_since06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

i know that we efiled though and so did he

Quoting emilysmom8:

I did my taxes on 1/22 and got them back on 1/31. I recieved the EIC and got my full refund at one time... FYI direct deposit takes a shorter time than paper checks so if you are getting a check and your friend got direct deposit that might be why he got his refund first

Jenni85
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
We filed on the 31st and its supposed to be DD on the 11th
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarah0379

It doesn't matter. If you filed different days it doesn't mean they were accepted at the same time. Maybe you filed first but the irs didn't accept yours till after they accepted his.

Quoting Mom_since06:

i know that we efiled though and so did he

Quoting emilysmom8:

ryleesmommy2009

I have no clue DH makes to much but here's a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)