Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am I crazy or do I have a valid point

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
  • 32 Replies
okay my stepbrother n stepsister in law just called my mom claiming she's six months pregnant she went to the er supposedly heard a heartbeat but two diff ultrasounds show no baby and her hormones aren't where they should be I don't feel there's a baby there always out for sympathy am I told my mom I don't believe them and she told me to be nice im tired of being told to be nice I hate seeing my mom n stepdad being taken advantage of but this doesn't sound right at all baby wise what do u think
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sarahb21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm having a hard time understanding what your getting at without any punctuation..

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Punctuation is your friend.

KristaP0713
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

At 6 months you WOULD see a baby. That's undeniable.

MamaJane
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

It's possible and wouldn't you feel like an ass if she really did lose a baby?  I'd just go with it.  If they are lying, its on them.

Tatiana7
by Princess on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

That's just creepy, really. She HAS to know in 9'ish months a baby better be coming out.....Of all the things to fib about, really. 

slipperfeet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Quoting MamaJane:

It's possible and wouldn't you feel like an ass if she really did lose a baby?  I'd just go with it.  If they are lying, its on them.

KristaP0713
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

They're saying they heard the heartbeat and didn't see a baby..

I'm fairly certain if the baby was lost, there would be no heartbeat..

Quoting MamaJane:

randi1978
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Ok, so just to make sure I read this right.....

You step SIL is claiming she is preggo, but there has been nothing other than a doppler read that indicates anything is there.  No ultrasound and her hormones are not at the correct level.

You think that maybe they are looking for attention and possibly a hand out?

Your parents say to just go with it and be nice.  You're tired of being told to "be nice".

Yeah, I would tell them they were full of shit, too.  Tell them to produce an ultrasound pic and maybe you would believe them then.

dhea
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Quoting KristaP0713:

At 6 months you WOULD see a baby. That's undeniable.

exactly.

slipperfeet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM

the post is confusing and i get the feeling we're not getting all the information here. something is missing. i'm not suggesting the op is lying or something, there just seems to be a huge important part of this that we don't know....

heartbeat but not seeing the baby? yeah, that's weird. doesn't sound right... at all? idk.

Quoting KristaP0713:

They're saying they heard the heartbeat and didn't see a baby..

I'm fairly certain if the baby was lost, there would be no heartbeat..

Quoting MamaJane:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)