Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son fell apart in school yesterday!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
  • 15 Replies

As most of you know my husband left Monday for his 12 month deployment. Both my children seemed fine....Until they went back to school yesterday! My 11 year old broke down in class just crying....I had to go pick him up he couldn't stop crying. He was in the counselors office when I got there. I didn't realize how much it upset him. He didn't show it Monday or even Monday night....My 4 year old got off the bus yesterday and saw that my husbands car was moved. ( I moved it)...she started screaming daddy is home and bolts into the house looking for him...When she saw he wasn't here she started crying! I didn't know what to do! I have never had that happen. When he left before she was 13 months old, so she didn't really know any different. My son was put on meds to help him get through the deployment...I pray that he wont have to have the meds again! I am doing better today, I have my moments where I just start crying when I think about the things I am missing....so I get busy doing anything I can find to do around the house! I haven't heard from him yet and that is driving me crazy!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missliss_sc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Oh that's terrible!  I'm so sorry!  I hope it gets easier for them, and you as well!!  hugs

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I'm sorry he is taking it so hard.... Thats the thing about military families.... I know its good income and they are servicing our country and all.... but it takes the biggest toll on our kids......

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Im sorry. maybe your children can make a video message or write a letter to their dad.. make some pics or something

NotUrMama72
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Ohh mama... I'm soo sorry. My heart breaks for your little ones. And for you. 

I don't know how you do it. :( Just stay strong for you babies. Sorry I can't give any real advice, I've never had to go through anything like that. DH and I dated long distance for 2+ years and it was hard as hell to be away from him but we didn't have children involved and he wasn't deployed. 

hugs

ilovejason
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Aww that makes me sad :( I would try to keep them as busy as possible. And have them write letters and make cards to send.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I dont know what to say to help your kids get though this, but I  do want to thank you (and all other military wifes, mothers, kids and of course  soldiers) for all the sacrifices you are making :)

Embers88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM

:( This makes me so sad! Poor kids! I'm so sorry they have to miss their daddy. My Dh was talking about maybe inlisting... I don't think I could handle my son missing his daddy like that. It would literally break my heart... I hope he gets home safe!!!

xxxAthena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

they have books out that can help you help them deal with it...i saw a big shelf of them in books a million.

periwinkle163
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

I'm so sorry. I hope things get a little easier soon.

dsptchmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry! I remember all that too well. Hugs and prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)