Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Call me stupid but the he!! Is a submissive wife?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
  • 292 Replies
I cook and clean does that make me submissive? I dont really know what it means. Please no bashing
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Submissive means you do what you're told, no questions. I guess you can have opinions and thoughts but you keep em to yourself and they don't matter.

jaylahmicah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:52 AM
There r really people out there like that? I am so not a submissive wife and if i ever become one you can stamp me certified and send me to the crazy house
AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM

That isn't true.

Lol.

I am submissive... although I prefer the term "traditional marriage". My husband is the head of our home and he makes all final decisions... however, he asks for my opinions and they certainly "matter".

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Submissive means you do what you're told, no questions. I guess you can have opinions and thoughts but you keep em to yourself and they don't matter.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

not true at all...i do as i am ASKED ... i do have opinions and thoughts and discuss these with my Husband in a very respectful manner...He takes what i have to say and makes the final decision...i trust Him enough to know that He will make the decision He feels will best help our family.

dsptchmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM
That couldn't be further from what a submissive wife is if you tried. Submissive means that you allow the husband to be head of house and respect him as such. He gets final decision AFTER discussing it with YOU and making the decision that will best benefit the family. That is just part of it. But in know way does being a submissive wife mean you are a mindless powerless doorat.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hvnly253
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I don't think it does, Unless he TELLS you what HE wants to be done.

mochasista
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM

That's so not for me.I like to think for myself.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

MamaJane
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Nope.  There may be people who do this but its like saying Mormons believe in Polygomy.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM

No..

dsptchmommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
That's also not a submissive wife. As a PP stated "traditional wife" is a good way to put it.

Quoting mochasista:

That's so not for me.I like to think for myself.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)