Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Her FIL is dying...so...what about those 'friends' of hers?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have a friend who's FIL is dying. We had some mutual friends, and then things went south. They pretty much stopped talking to her because she remained friends with me. Which I find absolutely ridiculous. She is her own person, she should be allowed to be friends with all of us...but apparently they disagreed.

Anyway because of 'events' that happened a few months ago when another friend of ours lost her baby, I could see these people coming back in to 'be there for her'.

Am I the only person that thinks this is odd? I mean..when someone dies, it's always great to have people there for you. But...if these people didn't care enough to remain her friend...are they really coming back for HER? Or just to make it LOOK like they're being the 'good, caring people'?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:08 AM

bumping for my reply list.

ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

No one commented, but I'm going to update anyway. He passed away this AM (actually BEFORE I posted this...but I didn't know that at the time). And....already these people who haven't given a SHIT about my friend for the past 5 months all because she refused to stop being friends with me....are coming out of the woodwork.

I just don't freaking get it.

teresa06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Eh thats just how some people are.

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM

if these people didn't care enough to remain her friend...are they really coming back for HER? Or just to make it LOOK like they're being the 'good, caring people'?

They are coming back for the attention and the pats on the back...in a couple months or weeks they will be gone again.

I had a lot of "fake friends" after my husband was killed. That pretended to be there for me...pretended to care...when in reality they were 2 faced hypocrites...

I am so glad I have gotten rid of all of them.

ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM

That's exactly how I see it.

I find it ridiculous.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

if these people didn't care enough to remain her friend...are they really coming back for HER? Or just to make it LOOK like they're being the 'good, caring people'?

They are coming back for the attention and the pats on the back...in a couple months or weeks they will be gone again.

I had a lot of "fake friends" after my husband was killed. That pretended to be there for me...pretended to care...when in reality they were 2 faced hypocrites...

I am so glad I have gotten rid of all of them.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Um,why do they not like you?

ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Because someone pushed me and pushed me and pushed me, while I was trying to get them to talk to me like an adult...and I can only be pushed so far, so I let loose on her. Then they ignored what she had said to me, and blamed it all on me. They then went on to 'punish' me, lie to and about me, etc. And I didn't put up with it. She remained my friend...and sadly, they cut her out because of it...which I find ridiculous and juvenile. 

Quoting laranadtony:

Um,why do they not like you?

ProudSingleMum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Note....pushing and 'letting loose' are VERBALLY, there was no actual physical altercation....just thought I should make that clear.

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I wouldnt want those type people around me. If you cant be my friend any day of the week I dont need you in time like that.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM

With friends like that........You don't need enemies. Thats crazy.........your not in High School

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)