Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat pee/sprat

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
  • 13 Replies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Is there a question? 

lilblu399
by Tamika on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Moblie was too fast.
Anyone know how to get the smell of cat pee out of carpet?
We are helping MIL clean her apartment and besides the 8 we got fixed for her, she brought in a few more that wasn't fixed and they funked up the carpets and the walls. I never had to deal with something like this even with having cats so any tips would be helpful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Tamika on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Sorry, I pressed enter before typing

Quoting Momsthename0609:

Is there a question? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Quoting lilblu399:

Moblie was too fast.
We are helping MIL clean her apartment and besides the 8 we got fixed for her, she brought in a few more that wasn't fixed and they funked up the carpets and the walls. I never had to deal with something like this even with having cats so any tips would be helpful.

Febreeze(sp) I spray the crap out of everything, I also double wash it, but I am guessing you can't do that with a carpet. Also if you call the pet store they may be able to help. Thank goodness brat hasn't gone on my carpet because I think I would flip my lid. I hate when my house smells. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

How`s my pregnancy doing?

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:03 AM

There really is no way to get the smell out of carpet. You can try spraying the area with white vinegar and water, but most likely the smell has soaked down to the padding so the best bet is to pull everything up and replace it.

shaunalynn25
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:10 AM
New carpet. Sorry. That is why I will never own a cat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thismomkixazz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Quoting lilblu399:

Moblie was too fast.

Hmm. I was going to suggest either Nature's Miracle (can be found at Petco or Petsmart) or homemade recipes, but...you are talking about a lot of cats. I would imagine that the spots are saturated enough and have gone unattended for a long enough time that no amount of cleaning would really fix it. You could certainly reduce the smell, but I HIGHLY doubt you could clean it to a point that it will stop it from happening again. More than likely it has happened too much by too many cats. I would say replace everything affected: carpet, padding, and whatever may be underneath the padding, if necessary. If they also got it on the walls and/or baseboards, you should replace those, too. Wouldn't they be bubbled or something from the urine anyway?

Hope this helps.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tiffany_Rivera_
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Probally new carpet girl cat pee is a strong odor that doesnt come out.

KristaP0713
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

New carpet and bleach the walls until the smell is gone..

Idk what other option there is.. Except tell her to stop bringing cats into her house that aren't A: litter trained B: fixed..

lilblu399
by Tamika on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM
thanks ladies,I'm gonna look at the walls and see if anything has bubbled. She violated her lease by having a cat, so she has to leave in the next 6 weeks, so we are trying to get the place in a somewhat okay positon. We are working on rehoming the cats since we can't clean until they are gone, I have cats, but never have carpet, at the most I just hope to get the smell out so they won't charge her for that, they may just pull the carpets and charge her for that, but she has been living there for 18 years, so I don't know if they will just be wear and tear. She never paid a deposit, so if they sue, they'll sue her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)