Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too much for a 5 and 7yr old?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
  • 13 Replies
My kids have ds and they enjoy playing them on car rides or when we are sitting forever in dr offices. well a few times they have played with my neices ipod touch and they love it. they know how to play it and know not to scratch it. now the question is do you think they are too young to get an ipod touch? if not would it be better to get and older model used or a new one? we plan on getting them with our tax return since christmas was a bust this year. opinions please.

this is not something we would buy them just anytime, its a special thing we want to get them since they are doing awesome in school and we couldnt afford christmas for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
much2learn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

bump

joshlor2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM
We got our kids refurbished from apple ipod touches for christmas. They are awesome for long car rides (we drive 4 hours to visit family once a month and usually 24 hours to visit family in the summer) we love them the kids love them they have their music and movies on them and games, we are actually going to sell their ds's. I wouldn't have bought them new ones, it would be too risky for me. Oh we also bought otterbox cases for them to help protect them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
renijazzysmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
My 3 year old has one and she loves it. My husband jailbroke it so it has all kinds of games on it. So I don't think your kids are to young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizJones1229
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM

My kids are 5 and 2 and they LOVE my ipod! We are thinking about getting them their own for their birthdays in may. They know to be gentle with it and they know how to use everything on it! We have put two movies on it for them and it has my music on it they love also. I think they would do just fne with it. It keeps my VERY energetic 2 yr old busy for hours! I would maybe get them a used one instead of a brand new one.

sadeyez11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Where can i get a referbished ipod touch at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheatreMom97
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Yes but I would go with the Apple refurbished ones. They are exactly like new and cheaper. Apple has the absolute best refurbished products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

My 4 year old loves to play with his Daddy's ipod touch so much that DH has searched for games just for our son. DS has actually learned numbers by doing a puzzle game on it.

lmthen
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:39 AM

My Niece got her first ipod touch when she was 4 (she is now 5). She knows how to use it better than I do. Its in perfect condition...she really knows how to take care of her stuff!  

It's really all up to you. If you think they are ready then why not?

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

I think you should spend half the money you would on an ipod on another toy they can use...and then put the other half in savings so your next Christmas isn't a bust as well.

I think way too many people get their tax returns and spend spend spend...and in a couple months they are broke again.

sadeyez11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Our tax return is going to pay off many bills and save us at least 500 a month. that was just a special treat for the kids. we are not getting a huge return but i think the kids deserve something they want. we are doing alot better this year and have begun putting away between 75 and 100 each month for christmas.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I think you should spend half the money you would on an ipod on another toy they can use...and then put the other half in savings so your next Christmas isn't a bust as well.

I think way too many people get their tax returns and spend spend spend...and in a couple months they are broke again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)