Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much child support?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 18 Replies
What is typical for 2 kids - one 4 year old and one 18 month old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paigesmommy5264
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM

there is no "typical" amount its a sliding scale based on both yours and his income.. you can type into a search engine "child support calculator for ___ ( whatever state you're in)" and punch in a few numers and it'll come up with an estimate..

LveMy2K1dS
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I don't think age has anything to do with it, and also it depends on how much the dad makes. I used to get 165 a week for two kids when he had a good job, then he went on unemployment, and got 87 a week for two kids. Now I get nothing for two kids because his unemployment ran out

owl0210
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM

It all depends on the parents' income and the state guidelines.

Smarty_Skirt
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM
My poor lil phone isn't capable of handling websites like that. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can get to a computer. Bummer.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

there is no "typical" amount its a sliding scale based on both yours and his income.. you can type into a search engine "child support calculator for ___ ( whatever state you're in)" and punch in a few numers and it'll come up with an estimate..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I believe it's a percentage of the gross income.

1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

depends on your income and his income. My DH pays twice as much as his sister receives, b/c her ex works at a furniture store, and my DH works in computer software.  So it all just depends.

Smarty_Skirt
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM
Say he makes $2k/month and I made $1k/month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vandyswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

my FIL paid 600 for two kids..

just got it reduced since one is in the Army now.. he pays 240 for ONE.. and he makes minimum wage... he lives in OK but this is CS based off MO laws

paigesmommy5264
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I can do it for you if you like.. just email me...

you need your income, his income, child care expenses, and if there is any other child support orders ( from previous relationships) and your state.

Quoting Smarty_Skirt:

My poor lil phone isn't capable of handling websites like that. I guess I'll just have to wait till I can get to a computer. Bummer.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM

What state are in? Do either one of you have other children not from the ex? Who carries insurance and how much is it? I can look up the caluculator in your state if you want

Quoting Smarty_Skirt:

Say he makes $2k/month and I made $1k/month.

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)