Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

whats the number for poison control????

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
  • 17 Replies
No I'm kidding I know the number, however I did just have to call it. I'm telling yall my 14 month old is on it today. Had to call Poison Control because he found some insulation, wasn't sure if I needed to take him to the ER or not so I called them. She told me the steps to take, wash him off because of the itchyness, give him something to drink. Unless he starts vomiting or breaks out in any kind of hives he should be ok and he probly didn't swallow any or else he would have been choking or puking all ready. I haven't had to call them in years since my oldest (now 7) was like 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM

Good he's okay.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:33 AM
We just called them for the first time a couple days ago. Not so fun but I'm glad they are there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasue69
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM
I know, the lady was very polite and explained things easily

Quoting Mipsy:

We just called them for the first time a couple days ago. Not so fun but I'm glad they are there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
azpreemiemom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

My son thought it would be cool to eat Triaminic soft tabs like they were candy one year. I bet the employees at poison control have quite a few laughs.

azpreemiemom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Oh, and once one of DH's friends got bit by a scorpion and called poison control. They told him to man up and stop being a baby. lol

mommasue69
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Haha did they, did he feel like a big baby after that call? lol

Quoting azpreemiemom:

Oh, and once one of DH's friends got bit by a scorpion and called poison control. They told him to man up and stop being a baby. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM

*Please tell me you used COLD water.. Please tell me you used COLD water...* Did you use COLD water?

mommasue69
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM
The lady told me to turn the shower on and use mainly cold water and not to put him in a bath but rather so the stuff could go down the drain.

Quoting Aislinn:

*Please tell me you used COLD water.. Please tell me you used COLD water...* Did you use COLD water?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Member Resources

This is a link that is available at the bottom of any page view in Cafemom.

For those who did not already know it, lol.

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM
Oh wow. I'm glad he is ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)