Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby is feeling aweful. =( Her skin feels so hot but when I take her temp. it comes out normal...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
  • 14 Replies

That is confusing me. You can tell she does not feel well at all. She is 11 months, she hasnt wanted to do anything except have a bottle and then went back to sleep. She keeps waking up every half hour or so crying. =( Her cheeks are red, her skin is burning hot. When I take her temp. it comes out normal. (97.7) It is one of those thermometers that you put on their foreheads. It has always worked good, I changed the batteries and everything. I tried a different thermometer for her ear but that stupid thing is all kinds of messed up. It came out as 107.2 or something like that, my heart jumped and thought I needed to immediatly take her to the ER. I tested it on myself (I feel fine) and it came out 106.7. Stupid thing. I think I would be feeling a lot worse if I had a fever that high. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoeysmommy1023
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

BUMP!

touniquemommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:17 PM

jus watch her my daughter was like that last week i had to take it back to the glass thermoter and that did show she had a fever she wind up having the flu.   the digital therother (i killed that word) showed a lower grade then she really had

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Oooh...maybe I should go get one of those. I'm not sure if she would let me keep it in her mouth under her tongue for very long though. She fought me just for the ear one.

Quoting touniquemommy:

jus watch her my daughter was like that last week i had to take it back to the glass thermoter and that did show she had a fever she wind up having the flu.   the digital therother (i killed that word) showed a lower grade then she really had

touniquemommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

for her age u may have to do an anal temp thats how they do at the docs but prob need another person to help hold her so she does move while checking her...

alicia.bear
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I don't like those forehead ones, they never work fo DD.

Maybe she's teething really bad?

Kodysmommy928
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Are you sure she is not teething?

activitymode
Try a regular thermometer under her arm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alicia.bear

try doing it under her arm? but you have to add a degree for that. Like, if the thermometer says 97.7, then her temeratue is really 98.7

Quoting Zoeysmommy1023:

Oooh...maybe I should go get one of those. I'm not sure if she would let me keep it in her mouth under her tongue for very long though. She fought me just for the ear one.

Quoting touniquemommy:

Megan6432
have you tried putting her in a luke warm bath to help cool her off? Or maybe even letting her have a couple popsicles and just keeping her in aa cotton onsie? Hope any of that halps mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommapeanut

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)