Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rather be the b**** mom of a graduate then the friend mom of a drop out...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 46 Replies

So I called the cops on my 16 year old today....

i hated doing it but after 2 and a half hours of trying to get him up for school (the second time this week), a bucket of water on him (which I warned him for an hour I would do) and the loss of his lap top and xbox.. he got  violent and punched my wall. I lived in a violent home growing up and just won't do it. I feel sick to my stomach. They came and talked to him and told him if he ever assults me, my husband, one of his siblings (which he never has) or our home they will arrest him.

I sure hope it put some fear into him.. he is 6'2" and needs to know controlling his temper is necessary.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marmie41
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Have you thought about getting him anger management?

Radarma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Got goose bumps up my arms reading this. A soft hug for you first...now, I think you did OK with this mom.

How did he react? Has he apologized to you yet?

Holly.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:24 PM

This.

And maybe finding him a mentor, who will help convince him that he WANTS to finish school, go to college, whatever?

Quoting marmie41:

judith106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM

I dont think you are a bitch at all!!!           Good job

khall83567
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Good Job!

acaisha
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Quoting Radarma:

Got goose bumps up my arms reading this. A soft hug for you first...now, I think you did OK with this mom.

How did he react? Has he apologized to you yet?

My husband who had to come home from work..drove him to school and i told him he needs to spend some time thinking about this and we would talk later..

mom2_3blessings
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I would be pissed if someone dumped water on me as well, just saying. Hopefully he starightens up now that he knows your serious.

momto2boys973
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I'm with you on this one, well done. But this is going to get nasty pretty soon....

Sharon

4kidz916
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Sorry you are having problems with your son.  I hope he will straighten up and get his act together.  One day he will thank you for it.

acaisha
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Quoting Holly.:

This.

And maybe finding him a mentor, who will help convince him that he WANTS to finish school, go to college, whatever?

Quoting marmie41:

Well thats the thing.. he does want to finish.. he has some pretty huge goals and is starting an early entry college program next year for welding. I know he has a tough semester this go round.. he has calculus, welding, woodwork and gym.. doesn't sound like much but they have hour and 45 minute classes and I think its hard on them.. especially math and gym... I know he was just tired and this is really only the second time he has done it.. although in the same week. The issue I have is he gets out of control when I try to lay down the rules.. the punching the wall was over the top..

he is not a bad kid 99% of the time he is awesome.. I just have a ZERO tollerance to violence in my home... and i mean ZERO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)