Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you stay??

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

We just found out today that we are living in the same subdivision as a child molestor, and the guy apparently likes to go up at the bus stop all the time and just stares at the kids. This has me very worried about my son in the future. I am thinking about talking to my husband and asking him if we can move before my son hits school aged. what do you ladies think? Am I over reacting?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOVLYLOVEKGS
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
I would call the cops and let them know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiznShelk
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

It should be reported that the man is lurking at the bus stop & I would move.

OrionsMyBabyman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM
This. That sounds like a probation violation and he can take his ass back to jail. You guys shouldn't be forced to move because of him.

Quoting LOVLYLOVEKGS:

I would call the cops and let them know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelicembrace
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

This

Quoting LiznShelk:

*Anthony Thomas *11/9/07* & *Iris Raine *8/10/09*

bananahammock1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM

I dont blame you!!

chevoya09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM

this

Quoting LiznShelk:

alli1204
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM
Unfortunately, pervs are everywhere. Report him, but honestly, I'm not sure you're ever going to live somewhere free of sickos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cwgrlmamma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

There are child molesters all over and more that have not been caught and are not on the registry.  You should just be aware of what your children are doing and where they are at all times.  When your son is old enough for school walk him to the bus stop!   More often than not if your child is going to be molested it is going to be by someone you know or a family member.

mylifemyloves
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

call the cops and leave as soon as possible. I grew up two houses away from a convicted child molestor and thank GOD we were smart enough to stay away.

Quoting LiznShelk:

Holly.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

First of all, if the person is really a registered sex offendor who molested a child, he is not allowed to be within a certain distance of children, and he should be reported.

Second of all, no matter where I live, my child won't be walking to the bus stop unless I have an eye on them. I don't have to be holding his hand the entire time but I want to be able to jump into action if something happens.

So I would probably stay, but if what you are saying is true (which I doubt; it is far-fetched to think this guy is an actual child molester and is hanging out at a bus stop - he'd have been reported by now), I would report him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)