Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

umm really? wtf?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i went to some people through Firstlink to file my taxes this year. i filed 2-4 (last friday) they told me that they filed through efile.com WELL, i just get on there to see the tracker thing for it, and its acting as if nothing has been file. how can i check to make sure that they actually DID file it? im nervous now seeing as this is my first time filing. Im not sure how all this works. if anyone could help me out here, id appreciate it!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bananahammock1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:45 PM

When I checked ours with the IRS they said it couldnt be found but we got our taxes back last Friday.. I think its the system..

mallowcup17
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM

bump

bribribri

Try IRS.gov, just find the link that says "Where's my refund?" and enter your info...they'll tell you the status!

smgreen4744

If you know the exact amount of your refund... go to irs.gov and use the wheres my refund tool... will want your social and the refund amount (total, including any fees you agreed to pay out of your refund to the place that filed it for you)

It will tell you if the irs has accepted it or not and if so, when you can expect your refund.

ShirleyB335
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Try the IRS website. 

winkles115
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:49 PM

thanks guys!

lovelikecrazy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:56 PM

If you filed any special payments or credits (such as, we filed to repay part of our homebuyers tax credit from 2008), they won't process it until the 14th. 

Otherwise, I'm not sure how you would check to see if it was filed... you should've gotten an email or something??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)