Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kinds of things did you do at sleepovers when you were a kid?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

My daughter is turning 12 and is having a sleepover for her birthday party. It's not our first one, but I do want to have some kind of structure or planning to keep it from getting out of hand with the girls just running around screaming and being silly. We have a Wii and an Xbox with Kinect, so we have games for them to play, we will be having pizza, cake, and ice cream sundaes, and popcorn for a snack while watching a movie. I was thinking we need some kind of thing to do like a craft or something that will keep them busy for a little while and maybe calm them down in between video games and  a movie. (I'm hoping they pass out while watching the movie!) My kids like all things craft related, including scrapbooking, sewing, ect. (They're better at it than I am!) But I don't know what kind of crafty thing to have them do that won't seem stupid to 11-13 year old girls. Any ideas?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Can you get some cheap plain picture frames at a craft store and a bunch of things to decorate them? Then take a good group photo and have it printed in an hour somewhere...Someone could go pick them up....

Christy_517
by Invisible on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Can you get some cheap plain picture frames at a craft store and a bunch of things to decorate them? Then take a good group photo and have it printed in an hour somewhere...Someone could go pick them up....

That sound so cute! I wish I'd thought of it! I can actually print them on my computer, a friend gave me a bunch of photo paper! Thanks!

kaitalynn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:01 PM
Gimp or hemp bracelets. Kids at any age love them and can't get enough of them. It's pretty easy to look up easy techniques like the square, circle, or zipper online. I'm a camp counselor in the summers and I still have 17/18 year olds who enjoy doing them for hours at a time. Buy some really neat beads (like from an actual craft store, not the dollar store) and you'll be the coolest mom. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessicaEOH
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I think part of having a sleepover at that age is staying up all night laughing and screaming, LOL!

Trishintraining
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Hmm, I never attended a structured sleepover. It was all, truth or dare, painting our toe nails, gossip..

But maybe making bracelets, or cookies?

artsygirl2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Qiuja
Friendship bracelets
Movies and popcorn
Light as a feather stiff as a board
Makeovers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughterofearth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

dark room, flashlight, and scary ghost stories....

Christy_517
by Invisible on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I used to be all for the screaming giggling fun, but my 2 year old has enough problems sleeping lately. It's times like these I miss my old house that had a basement! We don't have one here and so the girls will all be in the living room, where most of DJ's toys are. The girls' room is kind of small for guests. Oh well...anyway I really like the picture frames and bracelets ideas....I guess I'll be going to Hobby Lobby this weekend in preparation of next Friday!

RosellaBella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM

not sure, but your night sounds like a good plan. thats what we did, and we also liked our alone time so we gossip about kids in school or boys we like. i would go read a book in your bedroom so they can chat without the pressure of a parent right there. but all the food video games and movie sounds perfect!!!

OutlawMUA
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Never been to one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)