Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pretend play question

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is very into pretend play.  Hours a day are spent on the scenerios of the fireman and policeman and what they do throughout the day.  I realized yesterday that he discusses the scenerios throughout the day all day.  He is sooo stuck in his world that I believe he doesnt know where play and real begin and end.  My older dd doesn't play make believe really so i don't know if this is a normal thing for children that play make believe or not.   He will talk to us normal conversation at dinner about how the firefighter was caught on the roof and the ladder had to let him down so he got rescued.  SO WE don't know if is somthing that really happened to him at school that day or if he played it with his action figures.  When we ask he tells us that it really happened and the shows us the "firefighter" that got stuck (one of his figures.)  This happens all day.  Also he play pretty much by himself for 3+hours at a time by himself with his scenerios unless we leave the house and he is not around them.

We are actually seeing a social worker (just started and son meets him tommorow for first time) to work on his anxieties, this is just one thing i was wondering about. 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I think pretend play is a normal activity for kids! How old is he?

MommyOf2kids67
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:41 PM

my DS is 4 and is ALWAYS pretend playing...right now is making a space ship out of boxes and is fighting off giant meatballs LOL i think he got this from the movie cloudy witha chance of meatballs or something like that but i dont see any  problem with it...i think its just normal behavior imo

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

bump

sexymomma_88
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM
That's normal!!!! My ds thinks he is spiderman! He takes all the cushions off the sofa and swings on his web!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommywife06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:51 PM
My daughter will tell us how the monster ate all the trees but then the SUPERHERO!!!! saved the day. Just like that. Its always at dinner time lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)