Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old wants a Nintendo DS for his 5th Birthday.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

I don't know much about it, except they are almost $200 lol. A kid at his preschool brought one in for show and tell about a month ago and my son will NOT give up on wanting one. He is begging me to get it for his 5th bday (which isn't til July lol). Idk do you think a 5 year old could even fully comprehend games on a DS? My 19 yr old brother said he would bc he has one but I'm not sure. What do you think?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snowmommy0406
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM

My 4 year old ds got one from santa (they were $89 on black friday) and some games he does great with like spongebob, and a crayola coloring game, and he likes chiken blaster, some games he has a much harder time with, depends on the game it think.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM

$150, we got one for my son at that age. It was the best thing we ever got, in the sense that if gets played with regularly and not put in a toy box and forgotten about a week later....My son is pretty good about figuring out the games without any help.

21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:30 PM

My nephew got one, his sister's old one when she got a new one.  and he liked it.  Until he broke it. But he could play the games just fine.

LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I was going to buy one (DSi) for my 3 year old...but she liked the XLi better.

belleandelismom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
i got one for my daughter when she was 4. i think as long as you get him games that are age appropriate he'd be able to figure it out with no problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Both my kids have one. They are 5 & 7. they got them two christmases ago.

You can probably buy a used or refurbished one at GameStop. GameStop will also have used games for cheaper.

We love GameStop, it's our favorite store! :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

PS3 gamertag: wickedfiress

anna_mccall
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
My 4yo's both have a DS. My oldest has a DSi XL. My 4yo's love them. My son plays Plants vs Zombies and Cars racing. My daughter plays dora bday adventure and hello kitty. I bought them smart boy and smart girl playhouse for their easter baskets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherof6kidos
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

our kids have them... i dont see any problems with them, they honestly very seldom play other then road trips. ours are really not the addictive types.

LaceyRK
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I wish I would have gotten one for my 4 year old on black Friday. Maybe next year. He LOVES video games, lol. He had to settle for a Leapster.

carter210
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

My son got his own DS when he was 3. It was a present from my Dad. He's 5 now and still plays it. Probably will for along...... time! lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)