Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

just texted my FSD to let her know about her dads upcoming surg. thinking she would get the text when she get home from school.. she texts me back a few min later. When i asked her why she has her phone in school she tells me her mom made her stay home from school today to watch her 1 and 2 year old sisters (she is only 12) so her mom could go to court with her step dad! Her mom also told her NOT TO CALL HER while she is gone... there is no food at the house (apparently)

Maybe its not my place to be worked p about it but... i am

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM

I would be too! Twelve is young.

barefootncrazy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Wow! I would be mad too. She could have found a real sitter instead of keeping one kid out of school just to watch the other 2. And IMO she is too young to be left home watching 2 kids that young all day.

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Doesn't surprise me :(

I feel bad for her!!!

cherieb10
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM

That would make me angry also. My DD is 12 and is not allowed to babysit. I don't feel she is old enough.  

Anisasauntie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM

her dad and i ONLY get her every other weekend and we always are stuck waiting  fridays bc she is babysitting and sometimes have to have her home early sundays for the same reason... her dad has off wed. and in the summer he tried to get her that day to do things and she always has to babysit while her step dad IS SLEEPING!!!

pinkrayn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM

hell i don't even let my almost 14yr old stay at home for more then maybe 5 mins .... 12 thats just insane

MIA0223
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM

:(

Quoting Anisasauntie:

her dad and i ONLY get her every other weekend and we always are stuck waiting  fridays bc she is babysitting and sometimes have to have her home early sundays for the same reason... her dad has off wed. and in the summer he tried to get her that day to do things and she always has to babysit while her step dad IS SLEEPING!!!

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:34 PM
I was held from school at twelve to watch my siblings sometimes. My older sister dropped out of school to care for us.

I am sorry for your SD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)