Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants to smoke, so I cant have the car...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • 23 Replies

OH how I wish the darned van was fixed.  But we cant seem to figure out what is wrong with it, and DH keeps putting it off "until we get our taxes".  And because we have the car...yeah we have the car, but rarely is it WE. 
Normally I dont mind giving up the car, I dont usually do too much durring the day and if I need to I can walk most places or just walk to DHs work and get the car if I need it.  I can make plans and keep the car just drive him to work.
But today the plans I had to take my DD to the park to feed the ducks(and get some really nice pictures) totally went down the drain.
DD and I walked from my son's bus stop to DHs work to get the car, its only two blocks so its not a big deal.  HE can't walk there because he has a bad knee.
Anyway, we got there and got the car and drove home.  AS SOON as I walk in the door the phone is ringing and it's DH saying he needs the car so he can go to the salmon ceramony with the tribe(he is native american).  I was annoyed but he had to be there so I took the car BACK to him....
I get there and give him the keys, then his boss comes in and says "so I take it you are not riding with me then?".  I wanted to slap DH right then and there!!!
So he could very well have gone with his boss, but the reason he didnt want to was because he wouldn't be able to smoke in the whole 15 minutes it would take to get to the damned place!!  To top it off he took my last 5 dollars because tehre wasn't enough gas in the car...
So I would still be able to have the car and my last 5 dollars if he would have just sucked it up...I mean its 15 minutes!

When he dropped me off he actually had the nerve to ask me if I was mad!  NO not at all, why would I be mad? When you had a ride and everything but couldn't go 15 minutes without a smoke?  NAH never...

I hope that that stupid van is fixed really quickly, I hope its an easy fix too.  I want my car back! Its starting to warm up outside, the sun is shining more than it has and I want to go out and get more pictures, I want to be able to take the kids somewhere other than the piddly little park down the street.

GAH....
Ok I feel so much better now that I got that out LOL.  Just needed to bitch to someone.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM
That was pretty selfish of him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM

bump

JSVDP
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

That was pretty selfish of him.

Yeah it was.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Wow!! Over what, A CIG? I mean, how many would he normally smoke in 15 mins? You have every right to be pissed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JSVDP
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM

But I know he will make it up to me LOL, every time he feels bad and does something stupid he makes up for it in some way. 

JSVDP
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Quoting tairakittie:

Wow!! Over what, A CIG? I mean, how many would he normally smoke in 15 mins? You have every right to be pissed.

Thing is he doesn't smoke that much, especially when at work! and he JUST had one before he left so he could very well have gone 15 minutes without one. 

proudmommy35
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I would go bat shit crazy if we only had one car.

21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:51 PM

I wouldn't let DH smoke in the car period.  I'm sure I'll get bashed for that, but my health and my DS's health is much more important than a stupid cigarette.  Cigarette smoke kills my lungs.  I'm SOOO glad my parents finally quit.  It's nice to be able to enjoy our visits with them instead of hacking every time.

Mommavieve
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Yup.

Quoting proudmommy35:

I would go bat shit crazy if we only had one car.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM
I'd be pissed about his selfishness too. But I would have been a bitch and kept the keys and walked out and took the car anyway. He had a ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)