Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love it when my DH's friends stand up for me!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Now first off you have to understand my husband is cheap...not thrifty just cheap lol. He absolutely won't spend money on something he doesn't deem necessary, and I don't blame him 99% of the time. I love that he doesn't go out and waste money unnecessarily.

But right now I NEED a car. I had a subaru that got stolen out of our garage. It was our only car at that point because DH's broke down and he wouldn't fix it so he junked it. I told him just to let me talk to one of the sales guys at work (I work at a car dealership) and see what they can find me. We HAVE the money for a new car even without taxes (not something as nice but still something) he just doesn't want to spend it.

I'm not looking for anything expensive or really nice but big enough to fit 2 kids in and reliable. Right now DH is driving a 79 boneville that is pretty much falling apart.

Well we went last night so his friend that does alot of work on cars as a side job could fix a wire that busted in the column of his car. He needs to replace the column but he won't buy a new one and can't find a used one.

Anyways he has a conversation with his friend that goes like this. We will call his friend M.

M: So i'm going to tell you this because you are my friend and I care about you but I care about your wife more (as he puts his arm playfully around my waist)...you need to buy your wife a fucking car.

DH: (starts to say somthing but gets cut off)

M: No im not talking a pos like you buy...something reliable that if she needed to drive to california and back tomorrow she could leave and not even worry about making it there.

DH: Well we will be getting our taxes back and we will see what I can find.

M: No there is no seeing what you will find you will buy her a fucking car.

M (to me): Steph let me ask you something...when was the last time you put out?

Me: Um...what does that have to do with anything?

M: Just answer the question

Me: Twice on saturday and once on sunday...why?

M (to DH): you need to go buy her a fucking car TOMORROW...or I can guarantee you, she will get sick of your cheap ass and start fucking someone who will.

(I am hysterically laughing at this point)

M (to DH): You know what? My wife hasn't put out in almost 3 months and she just got a new truck, if my wife gave it up as much as yours does she would go out to a car lot and pick out whatever she wants. Hell she would get anything and everything she wants.

Me to M: Does that really work? Getting whatever I want for putting out?

M: Hell yes it works...at least its supposed to.

LOL I laughed sooo hard. It was all in good fun and we joke around all the time (like M calls me his old lady whenever I see him and I always say "im not old and im not your lady") lol.

It was just refreshing to see someone else saying the same things that I have been...maybe it will make it through his head and I will get a car!

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
21noahsmama21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Lol, I'm sure people will start bashing away, but I think it's funny.  And it IS nice to have SOMEONE on your side when your own DH isn't.

redhead-bedhead
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

laughing I should have a brand spanking new car then. Looks like I need to have a talk with my hubby...

teresa06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Haha Was your DH mad about what M said???

WhiskerLickins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Well, are you getting your new car?!  :P

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Oh no he wasn't mad lol. They have know each other for years and joke around all the time. He also knows that eventually he has to quit being cheap and buy me a car so it wasn't an earth shattering revelation to him.

Quoting teresa06:

Haha Was your DH mad about what M said???

Did you or are you working full time, juggling kids, a career and who knows what else? If so click on the picture to share your stories!

oboe_chik
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM

LOL I thought "damn im putting out way to much for getting as little as I am" lol it was all in good fun though.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

laughing I should have a brand spanking new car then. Looks like I need to have a talk with my hubby...

lifeisboog
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM

NICE!!! lol

_JustMe_
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I was thinking the same thing lmao

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kodysmommy928
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

LOL!  Hope you get your new car soon!

lifeisboog
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Pretty sure I should have at least two or three! lol

Quoting _JustMe_:

I was thinking the same thing lmao

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

"I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested."

smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)