Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dad is very wealthy man. he choses not to help me thats fine!!!!!!!. but how dare he judge my mom

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
  • 18 Replies

and inlaws for helping us.  my fil is going to help paint the new house we are moving into with  my dh.   we get to have the deposit wavied bc we are painting. well i tell my dad this just in casual conversation.   he gets jeolous saying that i must love my inaws so much better then him.  WHATEVER. its your money.  you dont owe me or your grandchild anything. !!!! im ok not expecting anything from you.   you dont OWE ME SHIT!     but why judge us when others want to help.   my fil got my ds a bike for xmas.  my dad got ds nothing.. once again my dad was upset bc now fil looks like a much better grandpa.   its not like i rub it in his face.  but if shit happens im not going to hide it either...     my mom also helped us with groceries.  AND  she is helping us buy a used washer and dryer when we move. very grateful for my mom.   but  same thing goes for my mom and itS even worse then WITH  my inlaws.  my dad gets livid if i mention anything in regards to my  mom helping me.  anyway i dont get it.  why be so pissed people are helping your child and grandbaby.. if you dont want to help.   Should i hide the help i get bc it bothers my father.?????????

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM

He SHOULD feel guilty!

angi07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Quoting kgsharber:

He SHOULD feel guilty!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davisn1106
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM
I wouldn't hide it its his problem if it bothers him. Its part of what's going on in your life if he want to be part of your life and know what's going on why keep those things out kwim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy616
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM

sometimes my life feels complicated.  i have father that is extremly wealthy. has no desire to help me doesnt care if im on welfare homeless whatever..  thats fine.  but then is sick enough to be jeolous or angry if i mention help from other sources.  its a control issue. he use to help me a LONG LONG time ago..  but then once i wanted to be my own person he stopped.  he hates my mom .  so any help she gives me he hates.  my mom has helped me and i have helped her.  my dad goes beyond not helping he has only seen my son twice and he is 3.. fil has seen my ds over a 100 times.   my dad and i only talk on the phone.  we talk maybe once a week..

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I wouldn't hide anything...it's his guilt.

zianneaaliyah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM

So what if it makes him look like a shitty grandfather?  He needs to accept that and stop living in denial.  If he doesn't like coming off as a shitty grandparent, then just make the damn effort to be more involved.  He sounds really selfish and self centered. 

khall83567
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Quoting kgsharber:

He SHOULD feel guilty!

piggy11721
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Quoting blessed107:

I wouldn't hide anything...it's his guilt.

LizzieJane
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Sounds like he has a guilty conscience. I wouldn't let it bother you. That's his deal.

Mommy2One881
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

So what if it makes him look like a shitty grandfather?  He needs to accept that and stop living in denial.  If he doesn't like coming off as a shitty grandparent, then just make the damn effort to be more involved.  He sounds really selfish and self centered. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)