Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yes this is a medical question and yes I am going to call my doctor regardless....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

Last night my son was rough housing with his brother and daddy. They were running around like crazy and he bumped his head pretty darn hard on the corner of the couch, resulting in a bruise. He cried and cried and then he calmed down and fell asleep. he woke up about an hour or 2 later and is now sick... fever, he puked just a tiny bit this morning.... they aren't connected are they? I just googled "head injury and fever" out of curiosity and a few things popped up.. but his other brother is just getting over a bug that made him vomit and have fever. I didn't even think til right now that it could be connected to him knocking his head on the couch... am I crazy? is that possible? he is 2 btw.. the reason I am asking here is because its either emergency room or nothing, his doctor makes appts about 3 weeks or more out so that is pointless.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
willswifey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM

BUMP!

gamom36
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Well with head injuries vomiting can happen. I'd go ahead and take him to the ER just to be on the safe side. Hugs and hope he gets better..

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Could possiblt be a concussion if he slept and then threw up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artsygirl2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Concussion!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

It's probably a coincidence because his brother is just getting over it, but if it were my kid I'd bring him in just to be safe. 

arkansasmama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
My money's on concussion. Not supposed to let them sleep after a good head bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
willswifey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

well it was also 8:30 at night, when he is usually sleepy anyways. I think I am gonna take him in to be safe though.. ugh I feel bad that they might be connected and I didn't even think fever had anything to do with bumping your head.

OAmy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:23 PM
My son and his friend bumped heads while playing last year. My son had a buldge on his temple, but he seemed okay. After about an hour, he started throwing up. On the way to the ER, he couldn't count or say my name. He had a tiny clot in the artery near his temple and they almost had to do emergency brain surgery. Luckily, the swelling lessened and it broke up. He had a severe concussion from something as seemingly minor as colliding with a friend. Just be safe and get it checked. It took my 8 year old three days to be able to count to 10 after that. Good luck! Keep us posted :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)