Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have Had It!... Added Pics in Reply #9

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
  • 68 Replies

In the last 6 hours we have gotten more snow than we normally get in a 4-5 year period of time with about 24 inches of snow... so far... and still snowing. 

This is the third storm to hit us in a week. They say today's storm is a record breaking storm. A record I would have been perfectly happy to have never seen broken. 

It will be Saturday before we get above freezing to even try and melt all of this. 

I am so ready for Spring! 

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad   

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
neen2701
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM

it's freezing here!  i'm also ready for spring!!!!

firefly63701
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I live in SE Mo and we have gotten more snow this yr than, I believe, since I was a kid.  I'm over it. I'm ready for spring, hell I'm ready for this weekend when Sundays temp will reach the low 50's.  It's been snowing all morning and they still havent let school out even tho the roads are slick.

carrolmomof3boy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
By the time the snow is finished here, we will have ten inches. That I have to drive in for three and a half hours. No matter what the road conditions are. Oh, well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HouseKatof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Quoting firefly63701:

I live in SE Mo and we have gotten more snow this yr than, I believe, since I was a kid.  I'm over it. I'm ready for spring, hell I'm ready for this weekend when Sundays temp will reach the low 50's.  It's been snowing all morning and they still havent let school out even tho the roads are slick.

I live in NW Arkansas. Here is what the snow fall totals predicted...

We are, of course, in the middle of that red band. We have already reached the 24" mark & it is supposed to keep snowing until around 4.

*sigh*

arkansasmama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:18 PM
NICE! We're in Johnson county and have between 8 and 9 already and still coming. I love it since I have nowhere to go lol

Quoting HouseKatof2:

Quoting firefly63701:

I live in NW Arkansas. Here is what the snow fall totals predicted...

We are, of course, in the middle of that red band. We have already reached the 24" mark & it is supposed to keep snowing until around 4.

*sigh*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my_lovely
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I hope for your sake spring comes quickly! It must be hard to be cooped up in the house for so long :(

Baby4us09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I hear ya I am so done  with snow. Spring is way late I think. 

firefly63701
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I think we are only supposed to get 3-4 inches this time.

HouseKatof2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Here are some pictures I just took a few minutes ago... and it is STILL snowing.

My daughter gave my car a "Mr. T haircut" (her words). 

Our 96 gallon trash can.

Our backyard.

Our Black Shepard in the backyard. We have another dog, but he is too little to go out in the deep snow.

ambcutie24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)