Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High Schoolers Leaving for Lunch.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 113 Replies

Ok.....I live down the street from a very large high school.....

They allow their kids to leave for lunch every day. They have a cafeteria that provides food, but students are still allowed to leave.

I think this is ridiculous. I wish they would stay the hell out of my way. I went to high school....I did my time, and we were not allowed to leave for lunch....so we did not get in the way of people who were supposed to be out and about.

Seriously.....they could at least learn how to fu*king drive. After they learn how to fu*king drive, they need to learn how to stay the fu*k out of my way.

They don't need to be feeding their faces with damned McDonald's every day anyway.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicole88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

er, wow! In my highschool we were allowed to leave and it was never a problem.

Lots of people are bad drivers, not just teenagers.

How are they getting in your way?

LiznShelk
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

We left for lunch at my school. The cafeteria wasn't large enough to allow everyone lunch in a timely manor. We would've had to have lunch from 10-2 to get everyone fed.

theycallmemom4
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

AMEN!

alberns303
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:43 PM

They block the enterance to my neighborhood and won't let anyone turn left. My neighborhood's road comes out to a 4way intersection so it is illegal for them to block traffic there.

Apparently none of them took driver's ed, or they just don't remember what they learned.

Quoting Nicole88:

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Who cares what they do?  It seems like you're jealous because you did not get to leave for lunch when you were in school.  Besides the fact that i've witnessed more grown ups and elderly people driving recklessly than high schoolers.  If you don't like it....  stay in until they go back to class.  Problem solved.  They are not doing anything wrong being they are allowed to leave.

alberns303
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM

How do they build a school large enough to accomidate a certain number of students, but fail to build the cafeteria to accomidate them as well???

How many students went to your school and how long was your lunch break?

Quoting LiznShelk:

We left for lunch at my school. The cafeteria wasn't large enough to allow everyone lunch in a timely manor. We would've had to have lunch from 10-2 to get everyone fed.

rocker_mommy_08

at my school you werent allowed to leave for lunch...

dsebastian23

Seriously.....they could at least learn how to fu*king drive. After they learn how to fu*king drive, they need to learn how to stay the fu*k out of my way

So when did you become queen of the road?? All hail you All hail you....whatever....

KME3
I had open campus lunch for one year in HS I loved it...and I don't mind if it's open campus now as an adult either....but I understand what your saying about the driving part lol...i picked up my bro once and i didn't think I would make it out alive! Lol...at least 3 cars almost ran into each other in three different parts of the parking lot too...then my bro says it happens all the time! gosh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Next time call the cops to have their vehicle towed for not moving. 

Quoting alberns303:

They block the enterance to my neighborhood and won't let anyone turn left. My neighborhood's road comes out to a 4way intersection so it is illegal for them to block traffic there.

Apparently none of them took driver's ed, or they just don't remember what they learned.

Quoting Nicole88:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)