Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do PC'ers feel they need to justify their belief i choice?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
  • 48 Replies
I am 100% pro-choice, period! I don7t feel any need to clarify further. It really bothers me when women say things like "pl for myself, pc for others" or "pc but I detest abortion" etc. I believe people say this because they are afraid people will assume you've had an abortion if you don't clarify it. My prblem is I think these explanations compromise the core vauesof PC, like freedom of privacy. So, if you do this, why do you do this?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twisted_charlie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I clarify because people on here seem to jump to conclusions if you don't have something well rounded to say that covers all the bases. IRL it's a one on one conversation that usually never comes up, but on here, OY VEY I learned the hard way.

PreemieMom.2009
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM
I clarify that I agree that everyone should be given the right to choose but I will never have an abortion my self because I want to period. No reason just because I want to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:50 PM
I don't say it. I am pro-choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babysyoungmom1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM
I dont care i wont change my veiws. Unless they ask i dont clarify
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sirenabella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I don't clarify for anyone. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter. Sometimes I say pro-choice and sometimes more. Depends on the discussion. 

DejaVooDoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:56 PM

100% Pro-Choice and that is all I need to say. IF on the other hand I am "asked" why I believe the way I do, I don't mind explaining. It's not necessarily to justify my own thoughts, but some people want to understand the reason why you feel the way that you do.

LoriLou75
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM
THIS Is a lame reasn. You either belief in a womans right to choose abortion privately or you do not. You personal feelings about the procedure dont matter.

Quoting twisted_charlie:

I clarify because people on here seem to jump to conclusions if you don't have something well rounded to say that covers all the bases. IRL it's a one on one conversation that usually never comes up, but on here, OY VEY I learned the hard way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zombiatarian
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I usually just say I'm 100% choice for everyone, myself included.

LoriLou75
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:00 PM
so, you dont clarify out of fear of being judged as "loose" or "immoral"? If there is NO reason to clarify, and it hurts the"movemet" it seems stupid to do so, doesn't it??

Quoting PreemieMom.2009:

I clarify that I agree that everyone should be given the right to choose but I will never have an abortion my self because I want to period. No reason just because I want to :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)