Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Momma's who do meditation

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • 5 Replies

My therapist thinks it would be good if i do some sort of meditation or relaxation techniquesbefore i go to bed what do you suggest? I need someone with a calming and soothing voice... prefer female voices over males

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AprilH06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I don't meditate, but I had to open your post because when I found out I was pregnant I called DH and told him. I was hysterical and he was trying to calm me down. I said, I can't smoke or drink so he suggested I meditate. If he had been standing in front of me he would have gotten hit! LOL

jaylahmicah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:12 PM

lol

Quoting AprilH06:

I don't meditate, but I had to open your post because when I found out I was pregnant I called DH and told him. I was hysterical and he was trying to calm me down. I said, I can't smoke or drink so he suggested I meditate. If he had been standing in front of me he would have gotten hit! LOL

lilrosebugsmom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM
My ex used to turn on celtic music, light a couple candles, and ask to be left alone so he could meditate. He'd sit cross-legged or lay down. Close his eyes. He would breathe in and out, making each inhale/exhale at least 5 seconds long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:23 PM
I sit on the floor in the typical meditation position and follow a few basic steps each time. I listen to myself deeply breathing. Then I think of all the wonderful things in my life, and think of all the things I want to accomplish. Then I listen to my heartbeat for awhile. After that I focus on each body part, one at a time, from head to toe....its extremely relaxing. After that I just breathe in and out, and then I'm done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:47 PM

You'd think the therapist would have a recommendation?  I don't know.  I don't meditate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)