Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH? How is this worth it?*EDIT*

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • 54 Replies

I'm talking about TV. We have TimeWarner, Dish Network, and Direct TV here. Timewarner charges an arm and leg and we tried to get Direct TV and they are already screwing up our order and they haven't even installed yet! This is the second screw up in 3 days so we are cancelling while we can. And from all the reviews from Dish sounds just as bad. I miss having TV..we've been without it for 3 years almost. We've had Netflix, Redbox, and bunny ears. I'm so frustrated right now.

Do you have TV? Is it worth the hassle? Which provider do you have? 

EDIT:

They were supposed to install on Monday but since my husband had the same FIRST name as another person that used to live here they cancelled it without notifying us. Then today they came and said the current dish that was there was incorrectly placed and they needed another letter from the landlord stating they could put it on the roof. And then he said he wouldn't have been able to do it anyways because of the weather (it's cold outside). We live in Texas and they think that's a good enough excuse. We have them bundled with ATT internet which has also yet to start. Total for TV and internet it's going to cost us about $60 with tax. Currently I am paying $55 a month for internet and internet only from a provider called Clear. They suck. So we are trying to switch. I also just found out that NONE of the phone jacks in this townhome work. Not a single one. I have already made a work order a week ago and they have yet to come and fix them. We need a working phone jack for the internet. I am getting really frustrated right now and I'm just about to give up but I NEED internet for my online college...or maybe I should just drop out of that too? UGH!  

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stacy1403
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM

directv and it sucks...same stuff everyday

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:06 PM

we have verizonFios and have had very few problems...quick responses and quick to fix any problems.

mommymegan06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:07 PM

we have dish and pay like 50 a mo its worth it i guess only becasue of the dvr because we really dont sit and watch tv for hrs

Memere4

Time warner and never had a problem with it.

mysticlady1221

We have Comcast.. and after the first week or so, haven't had any issues. 

clusterkid
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM

we choose to opt out of tv ( other than the free channels here) and do netflix.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
We have direct tv.. I like it.. I love the fact that I can record whatever tv shows I want, or just pause the tv in the middle of a show if I need to..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zombiatarian

We have Time Warner and love it.  But then again we also get our cable and internet for free.

mommaT1983

I have Insight and they aren't too bad.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
We have Directv. It's the cleanest dirty sock, as my mom would say. We've had all 3 services at one time or another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)