Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PTA **Update** and new question

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM
  • 16 Replies

Are there any PTA moms on here?  If so, do you like it? If your not a PTF mom, do you volunteer at your childs school? I just wondered because I am a new PTF president and I had heard that some moms would not come and help because they thought it was too much like high school. I am hoping to change that. I am surprise about how hard it is to get parents to volunteer though.

Here's another question, Our school wants to do a Mother Son event. Do you ladies have any ideas on what that event could be?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sirenabella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I don't do PTA anymore b/c unless you're one of like 5 members in charge they really don't care about your opinion anyway. I volunteer in my son's class every week, for all special occasions, for all field trips, etc. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:24 PM
I think our PTO is cliquey and I don't feel very welcome. I volunteer in my kids' classrooms instead. I am head room parent for DD and room parent for DS. I plan and go to all parties and volunteer for class trips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greeneyedgrl88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM
I volunteer, but will not join, most of the moms are very "clicky" and I'm so not into that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greeneyedgrl88
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM
You summed it up well.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I think our PTO is cliquey and I don't feel very welcome. I volunteer in my kids' classrooms instead. I am head room parent for DD and room parent for DS. I plan and go to all parties and volunteer for class trips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM

i wont do PTA but I will be a room mom.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM
I am a PTA mom and just joined this school year. The other moms are nice and have been on rhe board for years and I don't think they are cliquey. You do see the school politics being a PTA mom. I also volunteer for parties and school trips for my DD's class and do occassionaly ask her teacher if she needs help like cutting some papers or stuff like that if I'm at the PTA office.

This is my first and last year on the PTA tho since I am due with my second child this June. I do still plan to be active in her class next year for parties and such.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colvincrazyness
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:04 AM

BUMP!

sunshine344
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:06 AM

No, but I am Room mom for my son and go to all his field trips with him.

maryhen
by on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Quoting coolmommy2x:

conweis
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Only two people showed up at the PTA meeting last year..me included. So there was no PTA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)