Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have 3+ children...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM
  • 18 Replies

...how many of your children are in car seats? what kind of vehicle do you own?

What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? Are you keeping it or are you shopping around for something different?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaylahmicah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM

we have 3 kids 2 toddlers and a 4 month old they are all in carseats. We have a chevy blazer and we are looking for a bigger suv

anna_mccall
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I have a 9.5yo and 2 4yo's. My son can sit in a booster seat but his sister only weighs about 27 pounds so she is still in a harness. We drive a Honda Odyssey.

ilovemytwins27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:19 PM
I have 5 carseats in my car and I drive a GMC Yukon. I love it! I can take all 5 kids, a triple stroller and all the stuff 2 4yr olds and 3 19mos require grocery shopping and still fit the stuff in there! Everyone said we should have gotten a van but it would have never been big enough for us. Plus, I didn't want to drive a minivan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misenplace
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM

We have three kids.  8,6 and newborn.  The 6 yr old and newborn are in carseats.  My son recently graduated out of the booster seat so he is the only one without a carseat.  We have a Dodge Journey SXT

littlewonders
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM

We have almost 8.  4 of them will be in carseats at one time.  We have a suburban.  I love it.  We have to get a bench seat for the front to fit us all but thats ok.  The back seats are wide enough to fit 3 carseats across.

khall83567
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I have 3 kids - my 18 month old is in a britax boulevard, 4 year old is in an alpha omega elite, and my 6 year old is in a graco back booster seat.

we have a dodge grand caravan & a toyota camry - all three seats fit in both vehicles :)

I love both of our vehicles...although i wish we had newer ones sometimes lol

sunshine06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I have 5 kids.  3 are in car seats.  I drive a 12 passenger van.  I freaking love it.  When we got it all 5 were in seats and it was so easy to get the seats in the van.  There is a ton of room too.  It may not look cool, but I can haul just about anything in there AND my kids at the same time.  I just got a treadmill.  We went to buy it and all 7 of us and the treadmill (in a big box) were in the van comfortably.  Do that with an SUV! lol

honeybee69
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:26 PM

I had daycare kids and had 1 of my 3 still in a convertable seat, 2 in boosters and my older 2 sometime. Other times I had 2 in booster, 1 in the convertable seat and 2 in infant seats.

I had a caravan then and then a grand caravan. We are still keeping the van. We just took a trip to Florida last year with 3 teenagers and a 7 year old, 2 adutls and all our lugage inside the car.

Lots of room!

TxMommyOfBoys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM

My kids are 8,7,5 & almost 3. I have a suburban and LOVE it. It seats 8 and has a ton of cargo space. My 2 youngest are in 5 pt harness seats, and my 2 older are in high back boosters.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have 5 kids and only one of them is in a car seat *my 2 year old son*.  We like his carseat, we don't like the vehicle *'94 Olds Silhouette* but we don't have any choice in the matter, lol...it's a vehicle we need to have and don't have the $$ to afford a newer one right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)