Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Wifeys

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

So everyone is up in arms about what people choose to call their significant others when they are not married.

I see women on here and In the real world call each other "wifey" and "my wife"  even when they aren't even gay or bisexual. It is more a term of endearment and friendship.

Do you have a problem with this, since technically they arent married to each other?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

I don't have a problem with it.

Mommy2ZOEBETH
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Oh my SO calls his best friend who's a guy his husband because he calls him and wants to know where he is at more than I do.

allyson2212
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Again, I think its a little strange (I am NOT a mushy person, the most mush you get from me is "Darlin") but it doesnt bother me enough to call someone out on it!

K.A.R.T.S
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Nope.

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:38 PM
No....its completely insignificant in the realm of what is considered annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceashell707
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I call MY MAN...yes he is my property.  My husband.  We share everything, bills, money, children and home.  When I need to call about a bill that is in his name, I refer to myself as MRS>...., I understand to some it is more then a piece of paper, but for me, it is not.

Sirenabella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Nope. As long as it isn't harmful I don't tend to care what others do. 

chaosiskey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Quoting ceashell707:

I call MY MAN...yes he is my property.  My husband.  We share everything, bills, money, children and home.  When I need to call about a bill that is in his name, I refer to myself as MRS>...., I understand to some it is more then a piece of paper, but for me, it is not.

this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)