Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleep deprived

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I need some help with my son. He is about to be 1 year old and I can't get him to sleep without me holding him. I mean at about 830  we can get him to fall asleep and lay down in his own crib until about 10:30 or 11 but after that all bets are off! I have to hold him side lying and pace my house for him to sleep and even then he is usually fussy and trying to roll in my arms. If I lay him down in the crib, on the bed or on the couch he just SCREECHES. If I hold him upright belly to belly he gets mad. I have tried gripe water, mylicon, tylenol and teething gel (in case he was teething), I make him bottles but he usually only drinks about 4 ounces if he drinks them at all. I have even tried just water bottles. I don't know what to do any more. I am so sleep deprived I can't even make it through the day. I am thinking of dropping my college classes because I can't concentrate. I am just at my wits end. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM

my son was like that.. I finally put him in a swing and out he was

punkomama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM

we used to have a small swing, one that was close to the floor. But we got rid of it when he started trying to get out of it. He would just flop forward and nearly fall out. how old was your son?

Quoting mamivon2:

my son was like that.. I finally put him in a swing and out he was

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM

he was younger about 3-8 months or so.. he finally slept his first 6h straight 1 week before his sister was born.. and they are 11 1/2m apart. but I had many many sleepness nights with him

punkomama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM

damiens about to be 12 months old. this just started happening over the last few weeks. before that he would wake up but it was much easier to get him back to bed. he did co-sleep for a while but now he doesn't seem to want to do that. He's been bottle fed for about a month and a half now too.

mamivon2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM

maybe try to cut back on his nap time

punkomama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:23 PM

bump

punkomama08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM

BUMP!

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:58 AM

you gonna have to try letting him cry it out or come 3 years old, you will still be doing the same thing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)