Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiting Smoking.....Any Tips?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been smoking for many years and I really want to quit. I have tried the whole chewing gum thing, walking when I get a craving etc...but it seems like nothing is working.

Any suggestions ladies?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceyjoy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:50 PM
I'm in the same boat. I read somewhere the other day about a guy who pushed back his first cigarette by an hour every day and eventually quit that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceashell707
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM

My Ex quit by Chantix....it seemed pretty easy, and fun for me, because it caused him to have very vivid, talk in his sleep, dreams. lol

kaysha
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM
i am in the same boat. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ncencali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Thank you for this. I will be looking into it. Thank goodness I'm single, would hate for someone to be listening to me in my sleep!....lol

Quoting ceashell707:

My Ex quit by Chantix....it seemed pretty easy, and fun for me, because it caused him to have very vivid, talk in his sleep, dreams. lol

tazmidgiefairy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:54 PM
Dh use chantix to quite
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ncencali
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Thank you ladies for your input. 

111807mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:59 PM
My aunt quit by eating every time she had a craving this is not a good idea cause you gain tons of weight the first time i quit i just kept my hands busy all the time cleaning cooking brushing my hair brushiing my teeth etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pixiemomma
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I got pregnant, that is how I quit. LOL 

crescentmoon333
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Change your routine. I always smoked in certain places. It was the worst while driving. Certain spots I would always light up.

angel112
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:32 AM
find one thing about smoking that you hate and really focus on that, plus the flavored toothpicks work well. You can try drinking a big glass of water. I just quite smoking, its been 36 days since my last cig.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)