Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby might have glaucoma =*(

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok I really am not sure about how to explain this my son is just over 2 wks old when we were in the hospital they noticed something in his eyes that they thought was cataracts but dilated his eyes and found they weren't but had us follow up with an opthamologist it sucked so bad the dr was really nice but he had to examine his eyes and being 2 wks old he wasn't going to just keep his eyes open so they had to us a metal thing to pry and keep it open.  He cried so hard I had to sit there and hold him tears just streaming down my face.  I hated it.  After the exam was done we found out that the iris (which I guess is suppose to be folded over) in spots it's not and that abnormality can lead to higher pressure in the eye and that can lead to damage of the optic nerve (glaucoma).  I really don't know how to process this I mean he's my baby.  I know an eye issue isn't the worse thing that could happen I mean there's cancer and much worse things but the thought of him going blind and his struggles just devastate me...my sob story over

crying

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
JZB
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

BUMP!

Princess7777
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I'm sorry.  That's really is tough to deal with.  Hugs.

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:35 PM

So sorry that your LO has this, but very glad that it was identified early! Best of luck!

acaisha
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:38 PM

aww im so sorry .. going through tests with my toddler right now so knowing how you must be feeling :( I sure hope they can do something to save his vision.. what will they do now?

JZB
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Thank you, I am greatful it was caught orhe could have gone blind and the damage would be unreversible

Quoting hriabywx4:

So sorry that your LO has this, but very glad that it was identified early! Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)