Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are a Christian....do you also believe in "demons?" EDIT

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:39 PM
  • 54 Replies

Poll

Question: If you are Christian....do you

Options:

Believe in demons

Not believe in demons

Call them something else but do believe in evil spirits or beings that purposely cause torture or pain...etc..?

Other other other lol

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

I am just curious how many Christians believe in "demons" or "the demented" as some would call them. I used to think that it was not a common belief among Christians....but I think I was wrong... 

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject and satisfy my curiosity! LOL

The poll is for Christians but feel free to leave a comment about it even if you are NOT a                    Christian!

P.S you don't have to go to church or believe in a certain religion to be a christian...lol (just in case you weren't sure if you qualified)...ha ha lol.

Maturity and kindness strongly welcomed....but not required.....lol

EDIT: Do you have any personal experiences that you would like to share?

Also MY personal view on them (at this time) is on page number two if you were curious.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babysyoungmom1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WhitleyLyles
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Yes I believe in demons.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Yes, I am Christian, and yes I believe in demons.. My mother in law takes it to far though. she thinks if you watch or own any movies with witch craft it lets demons in your home. So she thinks that since we own Harry Potter that we let demons into our house that are possessing our 4 year old and thats why she acts bad..umm.. shes 4..they all act possesed at that age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuantumLove
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Aww. Thats pretty disturbing. How sad. :( She doesn't tell that to your 4 year old does she?

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Yes, I am Christian, and yes I believe in demons.. My mother in law takes it to far though. she thinks if you watch or own any movies with witch craft it lets demons in your home. So she thinks that since we own Harry Potter that we let demons into our house that are possessing our 4 year old and thats why she acts bad..umm.. shes 4..they all act possesed at that age!

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM
I believe in God, so I believe in the devil and demos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Yea, Id say that a bit overboard....... Did she come from Puritan times? lol.... sorry, that actuelly not funny.

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:49 PM

i sort of believe in them. i believe in spirits. but i don't beleive they can hurt you unless you let them and invite them in. they do not have a body and they do not have "magical" powers. that's just how i feel about it.

angel746
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM

yes i belive in demons

art.diva
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:51 PM
I used to be a Christian, but I never believed in them. I think they're just a scare tactic..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileya82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Do we have the same MIL??? LOL

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)