Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE THEM!!! vent

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

First of all my DH is deployed and won't be home for another 6 months...He didn't get me power of attorney, we really didn't think I'd need it.

So, I was paying off credit cards today okay...I paid one off! I called to pay the one off that DH has through our bank, well it's his card so his name is on it...and I have my own card so there was no need for me to be authorized on his at the time we got them. I told them I didn't want any of the acct. information, they didn't even have to tell me the balance, just that I wanted to pay it off in full....Finally after giving DH's SS#, the zipcode and phone # for the card she agreed to that and then said she had to ask someone if she could give me one piece of info. and put me on hold. When she came back she said I couldn't do anything and all she could tell me was there was no payment due at this time. I said how can that be, he had a $300 limit and it's over....She said I can't give you any other information....UGH I hate all these people!!!

Might I add this card is through our bank, so they can see that the checking and savings are joint accts with both of our names....GRR

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MandiK
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Ugh, I had bank issues while my DH was deployed too. Even WITH a POA, because it didn't specifically say that I could add him to new accounts. I was just trying to start a savings account for my DD! Lol.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:09 PM

It sucks...

alberns303
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Can you go online and pay it?

MandiK
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Can you pay it online? Then they won't know it's not him. Lol. Just thought of that and wanted to suggest it.

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM

No, since it's over the balance they took it off the online accounts.

ambcutie24
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM

you always need POA when they deploy.....

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

If you know your limit is 300 and it's over the limit why dont you pay 300 and see if it comes back on the online account?

lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM

I can not make any payment at all, that's the problem...

Quoting emilysmom8:

If you know your limit is 300 and it's over the limit why dont you pay 300 and see if it comes back on the online account?

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

That is weird.. you would think they would take a payment from anyone as long as they are getting their money.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

I can not make any payment at all, that's the problem...

Quoting emilysmom8:

Life's not the breath you take, but the moments that take your breath away

momto_3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I was never on my dhs credit cards and I paid them all the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)