Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To The Women Who Do Everything for Your Husbands

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
  • 63 Replies
I'm talking about the women who lay out his clothes, cook his meals and serve it, do all his laundry - the women who's husbands don't know how to do those things and never have/never will...

What is going to happen when you die one day and he isn't going to be able to take care of himself?

I ask because I am a home health CNA and I have encountered men whos wives have passed and then they can't care for themselves. the burden is placed on their children to take care of him because he has never cooked a meal for himself or washed a garment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alotta_fagina
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM
bumps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmylife146
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:10 PM
I do it all because my husband is gone over 14 hours a day and then comes home exhausted and gives his girls all his attention. Then when they are in bed he does more paper work. He is more than capable of taking care of himself, he has just done a damn good job of providing for us. It is the least I can do.
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM

my husband can do all those things himself. he just chooses not to since i am here to do it. he would be just fine if something were to happen to me.

Kathrine1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM
I do all those things for dh....if I happen not to get up because I'm sick he won't make himself breakfast...his cooking really sucks...he could take care of himself but he hates to...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quoting Beautifulmom513:

my husband can do all those things himself. he just chooses not to since i am here to do it. he would be just fine if something were to happen to me.

Same here.
alotta_fagina
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM
it doesn't apply to men who CAN take care of themselves, but there are tons of men out there who literally don't have the slightest clue as how to be independent like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyBusyX4
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM
Most men can do it they choose not to and let their wives take over. When I was a SAHM I did it all. But before I started working I told him he would have to help out. It was a big adjustment for him. But he's better now. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Princess7777
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

They can still learn.  I know someone who's older and he'll cook a tiny bit or get meals to take home. I cook for my honey and he knows how to make a sandwich and stuff.  I haven't done  his laundry yet we aren't in the same place yet.

mommy.since.09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

He knows how to take care of himself, he's military. He's quite self-sufficient. The only thing he can't do is cook, and thats what BK is for :)

I just do what I do because I love him. Not because he's helpless.

awooding
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I would never do that for someone who couldn't do it themselves if necessary.

(I don't mean physically can't as in illness or disability, I mean can't because they never bothered to grow up and learn)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)