Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can he get custody?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
So 1st let me start off by saying that my EX SIL is a bad mother. She only wanted custody of my 2 neices and nephew cause she wanted child support from my brother. They fought for custody and she won. Well its been about 2 years now and she still HAS NOT taken my neices and nephew to the dentist and their teeth are HORRIBLE. Now she just lost her job last month...she lost her house and she has No car. she moved in with her sister...which is only a 2 bedroom and her sister has a daughter and husband too. My brother on the other hand still has his job and is buying a 5 bedroom house. Hes trying to convince his ex to let his kids just move in with him since hes got the room. (he only gets them on the weekends right now). And shes agreed but we know shes gonna change her mind once he says hes not going to pay for child support for the time he has them. Cause we know shes just wanting the money. Could my brother take her to court and fight for custody now? Cause the mother sure cant take care of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xxlilmomma09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Yes, your brother can hire a lawyer & fight for custody.

nickyconry
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

BUMP!

Christy78
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I would say he needs to go for custody . Kids need to go to the dentist . 

angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Yes he can.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

He can fight for custody, but she can say that she fell on hard times.  A judge won't take the kids away for that.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM

He could fight for custody.. A lot of judges try to keep the kids with the moms but if your brother can proove that she is an unfit mother than the judge should let him have custody

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)