Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depression

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

i was told i had to go to the hospital by the doctor for a few nights and i old him i would promise not to hurt mysef but he said by law i had to go. Do they have the right to do this? I have a 3 year old son and dont want to go there so can i refuse the treatment? he said i must go see a counselor by tomorrow or he will have to take me to hospitall..Advice here? Ever been though this/

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM

If the doctor is that concerned than I would listen and find someone to watch your child.  yes you can be involuntarily baker acted.

jaylahmicah
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM

idk i told my dr and he put me on meds but he said if i keep thinking like that then i would have to go to the hospital, i thought about it on sunday and i told my dh today.

soon2bemomof307
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM

No they can't make you unless it's court ordered. They can only recommend it. I have been hospitalized a few times but it was my decision. I'm bipolar.

mitty18
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Yes actually they can at least where i am from.
They have a legal obligation to commit you for observation and care if they feel you are a threat to either yourself or others or even both. You will have no choice but to go. Find someone to watch your child, and be prepared for it. I have been through it several times if you'd like to PM me. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have, good luck hun!

tasukete
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:03 AM

You can be court ordered if the doctor feels that you are a threat to yourself or others.  For your own safety, if I were you I would go to the hospital.  Depression is serious.  It's not something to treat lightly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)