Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let Your Kid Smoke Weed?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM
  • 49 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your teenager (say 16 years old) smoke marijuana?

Options:

Yes, I do it too. It's no biggies.

Yes, its okay to me if they experiment a little.

Yes, but not in my house or property.

I don't know honestly.

No, but only because its illegal.

No, ABSOLUTELY NOT. I would punish them BIG TIME if they did. And get help from a counselor etc

NO, and if they did I would do WHATEVER it took for them to not smoke weed. Even if it meant homeschooling.

What's weed?

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 98

View Results

If you found out that your kid was smoking marijuana, what would you do, BE HONEST?!

Also, does anyone here know for a FACT that CPS will remove your teens/kids if you let them smoke marijuana. I told someone that and they said it was a LIE.  

Thx for your help ladies?!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sophistcatdfury
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:50 PM

i voted other because i have a young toddler and there is no way i can plan for that far in advance. if i'm still smoking when shes that old idk how i could tell her no, i'd just tell her that there were laws that goverened that. even if it were legal it would have an age restriction

Aislinn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I would prefer he waits until 18. Having said that, if I had to choose between drinking and using cannabis, cannabis would win EVERY time..

Aislinn
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Also, in Maine, CPS will not remove a child from a home for smoking cannabis. Whether it be the teen or the parent.

happymom629
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Okey dokey, thanks for your responses! Anyone else please respond, th anks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happymom629
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

I know in TX they will if the parents does. But usuallyt here's other stuff going on in theh ouse beside drug abuse for them to remove them

Astaroth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Only because its illegal would I not want my kid to do it.

But its easy to get a green card in this state, so he could go about it that way, and I'd be fine with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Wow.....  especially at the poll.  I've never smoked a day in my life (cigs, weed, etc) therefore that would be a no  :)

epoh
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exceptalilfish
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM
i false report was filed on my husband and i for drug use around our son. they told us we could smoke weed till our lungs fall out but they wont take your kid away for that unless it is in thier system too. however my cousin who is 16 lives with my parents because someone reported his dad to cps for soking weed with his son. they drug tested my cousin and took him away when he failed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tharealty2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM

My answer is no, but not no for the answers you listed.  no,. partly bc it is illegal, and I would punish them but I don't think I'd get them a counselor unless it was taking over there life, and though I do think I'd do what I could to get them stop I'm not sure I'd homeschool for that reason.  I wouldn't let them or otherwise be okay with it,.bc its illegal, its bad for your health, and bc it can lead to more dangerous drugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)