Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of youhave a secured credit cars?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM
  • 8 Replies

Due to some bad decisions, and letting people open things under his name, DH has dirt poor credit.  I have no credit, since I have not done anything, lol.  We are trying to find ways to build our credit up, so that we can eventually buy a house and not get completely raked over the coals on interest.  So the lender said that we should open up a secure line of credit. Or a secured credit card.  Make small purchases and pay them off over 5 or 6 months. 

I was hoping people can tell me of some trusted credit card companies that offer secured credit cards.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sojourner.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Credit unions, Orchard Bank...

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:03 PM
I got a Capital One card years ago to build my credit. I charged a tank of gas or a dinner or something small every month and paid it off every month. I still have that card, they've been very good to me. I'd definitely recommend them. It's unsecured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmommy04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Thanks

Quoting sojourner.:

Credit unions, Orchard Bank...

TheMillerFamily
Do it at your bank.
Dh had to file bankruptcy so his credit is crap right now, we will be getting a secured credit card for him with our refund
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900

Bump because I don't know anything about credit lol. Good luck

jaysmommy04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Thanks.. unfortunately, no one want to give DH an unsecured credit card, lol.  I know that is so bad.  Btu we will fix it, one way or another.    But thanks again.

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

I got a Capital One card years ago to build my credit. I charged a tank of gas or a dinner or something small every month and paid it off every month. I still have that card, they've been very good to me. I'd definitely recommend them. It's unsecured.

jaysmommy04
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

That's what I was thinking, but DH was wanting to look elsewhere.  I bank with chase, so I was thinking if we open one with chase, and in the future need to transfer money, then maybe they would let us, without any fees.  If they allowed you to transfer money.  IDK, I have no idea what I am doing, lol.

Quoting TheMillerFamily:

Do it at your bank.
Dh had to file bankruptcy so his credit is crap right now, we will be getting a secured credit card for him with our refund

CosmicPossum
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Normally your bank can offer a secure credit card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)