Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did/ Would you have a baby over 35?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
  • 135 Replies

I am just curious, in no way am I bashing or looking to, how common having babies at an older age is. How would you define older? Are there any moms that had babies in their mid thirties or later that want to share, did you have a hard time conceiving, did you or your baby have any complications?

Why would you or wouldn't you have a baby into your thirties? What are the pros and cons?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellybean44
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I am 32 and would never have another child.

I was 21 and 28 when I had my kids.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

LOL My hubby and I just had this convo today. He wants more and I am 33 and said if I dont get preggo by the time I am 35 then I am getting my tubes tied.

orcadarwin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I was a few months from turning 35 when I had my daughter.  I had her in March and I turned 35 in May.

AnitaVersion2.0
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:11 PM

38.  Had my older one at 25.  It wasn't any different.  No problem conceiving (she was a surprise!) and no complications.  

No biggie.

KreatingMe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Do you think you will have anymore?

Quoting orcadarwin:

I was a few months from turning 35 when I had my daughter.  I had her in March and I turned 35 in May.

KreatingMe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Why not?

Quoting kellybean44:

I am 32 and would never have another child.

I was 21 and 28 when I had my kids.

tasukete
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM

My mom was 38 when she had me in the 70's.  My paternal grandmother was in her 40's when she had my uncle back in the 60's.  I'm going to be trying for my third after getting a tubal reversal in a few months and I'm 36.  I never suffered for my mother being older though sometimes kids/adults would ask if my mother was my grandmother.  That would tick me off.

Other than that, no ill effects.

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
I had my first at 30, not sure if or when I'll be able to conceive again. She's 4 month old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Purtyred

I have a friend who's 42 and has a 4 and a 6 year old. She didn't have problems. I never wanted more after about 35 though, mainly because I didn't want to be in my 50s with a teenager.

lavybunch

I've had 2 babies over the age of 35. I am 38 and my youngest is 7 months (she is my 6th baby), and her sister is almost 3.  No complications with deliveries. I did get gestational diabetes with the last pregnancy, but that had more to do with my weight than my age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)