Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM's, poll added

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
  • 144 Replies

Poll

Question: SAHM'S do you do everything for your husband?

Options:

I do every thing for him

i try to do whatever i can for him

just his laundry and i make his meals

i don't do anything for him

other, explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 251

View Results

I am a SAHM and i do everything for my husband i cook for him, i serve his food, i pack his lunch, i do his laundry, iron his clothes, i do all the house chores, i pay all the bills ect. i think all of that is part of being a SAHM but i have noticed alot of other SAHM's don't feel the same way. and i'm not bashing just wanted to know exactly how many SAHM'sdo all this for their husbands. and yes my husband is perfectly capable of doing all of this himself but i do it for him because in my opinion it's part of being a sahm and i know how hard he works he works 6 days a week from 7am till 8;00pm and the last thing he wants to do is get home and have to cook his food and wash his own dishes. or have to do laundry and iron his clothes on his days off instead of spending time with us i think it just wouldn't be fair to him. JMO

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I do what I can but I have kids that need my attention first.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM

We do for each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? 

"Oppression of spirit is not on the public school curriculum. Rather, it's a noxious by-product produced while stewing schooling in a pot w/ unions, administrators, multi-billion dollar budgets, state ed departments, and school boards, then letting politicians control the heat." Linda Dobson

azpreemiemom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I am a SAHM, not a SAHW. I wash his clothes and cook our dinner, but he is a big boy and can do things for himself too. . He irons his own clothes and participates in this household. I am not his mommy.

Waxed
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:55 PM

i have a son too he is 2 years old and he does get my attention first and i still am able to get to everything else.

Quoting JJJMommyKris:

I do what I can but I have kids that need my attention first.

1busymomma03
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I do everything. I like to do things so that DH doesn't have to.

Waxed
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:57 PM

same here, all he has to do is go to work

Quoting 1busymomma03:

I do everything. I like to do things so that DH doesn't have to.

mes_deux_amours
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM

I try to do a lot for him, but no I don't do everything. There are things he likes to do himself. Also, we both parent and share the house together. We can't be all things to everyone all the time

Little_Mamma230
The only thing I do for my DH is cook for him, when he is up, wash his clothes, and sometime I give him his plate and drink. DH works overnight and sleeps during the day. So it is me and the kids mostly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:59 PM
I do the majority of all the cooking and cleaning and laundry during the week. My husband does it all on the weekends. He doesn't think i should have to do it 7 days a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88

I do almost everything for my husband, but he is expected to pick up after himself. I find it disrespectful when a man throws his clothes on the floor right next to the hamper and expects his wife to pick them up. He can put them in the hamper and i will wash, dry, fold, and put them away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)