Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion or adoption? Which would be easier for you?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • 85 Replies

Me, definitely abortion. I could never carry a fetus 9 months, see it on u/s, feel it moving inside me then give birth and give it away. That would be torment. Constantly wondering how it's doing, how it's being treated and everything. Then the guilt that if they ever did find you if they would hate you for your choice. Having an abortion in the first trimester when the reality of the pregnancy hasn't sunk in yet  would be much easier to handle. That's why I hate when pro lifers say " put it up for adoption".

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM
Abortion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

IDK, that it would be easier for me, but it would be right.

The easier choice isn't always the better choice. 

SheWoman
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Adoption. I see even the fetus as a baby and could never kill it.

mes_deux_amours
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Abortion

vivc81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Abortion.  I have had one, and I don't regret it.

billssweety

I can't commit murder, so adoption, especially after seeing friends struggling to conceive.

babysyoungmom1
Adoption isnt as easy as most people say. Fathers have rights in most states. So if you dont want it and he doesnt but he wont give up his rights your stuck with a kid you dont want. Or he could be a rapist druggie or a crappy parent and still get custody. Its hard to get parental right terminated. My ex is a molestor and a pedophile and they still wont terminate his rights. I just read a story where a woman had to let her rapist see her kid or go to jail. Unless adoption laws are reformed id say abortion
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Abortion is, and was easier for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sirenabella
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Neither would be easy but if those were the only two options I'd go with abortion. 

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM

If I had a situation that I felt I could not keep the baby myself (which would not happen) I would do adoption. But I am also going to be a surrogate and carry a baby for someone, which is basically adoption.... so maybe I do not count?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)