Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter's preschool might get cut out of state funding!!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
  • 37 Replies

I live in great old california lol. The new gov. jerry brown is deciding to make cuts in education and the first program too go ( according to what the school told me) is the options program. It is a low income program for people that can't afford preschool or daycare. If they cut it there are going to be so many low income kids that are going to miss out on preschool. I don't understand why they can't cut their incomes instead. I'm so irritated by this. The school program has requested all the parents to write a letter addressed to the gov. telling him what this program has done for us and how much it has made a difference. Has anyone else been through this program? If you have please write a letter. Any thoughts on all this? 

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seffiepoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:24 PM

bump

seffiepoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:26 PM

bump!!!

rocker_mommy_08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:27 PM

BUMP!

seffiepoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM

thanks!

seffiepoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
I think i give up...lol bump :)
crystl_ring

that sucks, I'm so sorry. I herd that if a child doesn't get any kind of preschool before kindergarten, they are already behind =< sorry to hear that.

crystl_ring

BUMP!

iansusie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

well, not many schools here even have a preschool program and headstart is nearly impossible to get into....

Astaroth
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
I didn't, and I wasn't ever 'behind'.

Being a band kid for 9 years through school, I understand how budget cuts can effect programs people think the school doesn't need. I think its stupid. I hope things look up for you! Good luck :)

Quoting crystl_ring:

that sucks, I'm so sorry. I herd that if a child doesn't get any kind of preschool before kindergarten, they are already behind =< sorry to hear that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seffiepoo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Yeah i guess it'll be here till the end of the school year but my youngest won't be able to go through it.

Quoting crystl_ring:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)