Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely dry hands

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
My hands get extremely dry from doing the dishes, taking a shower, giving the kids a bath, washing my hands - basically anything that has to do with soap and water. My fingers get so dry that they crack and bleed. The cracks are so big that they literally look like I cut them with a knife.

I went to the doctor and he just prescribed me some hydrocortizone cream. It doesn`t seem to be working at all. They are very painful.

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem or similar problem when it comes to dry skin. What have you found or what do you do that seems to help it, even just a little bit?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Well I use vaseline. For everything lol, elbows, hands, knees and even my face

I had a friend who had extremely dry hands. He bought some spa gloves from target. I think they where cloth? He smothered his hands with vaseline and put the gloves on. It wrked for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoganandLily
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I'm not sure but that sounds so painful! Heres a bump

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

My hands are like that too, but from washing my hands about 50 times per day being a daycare provider. I have an allergy to fragrances too, so that has made it extra hard on me to find hand creams that work and don't break out my hands in a rash. There are 2 that work very well for me.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream (I use this one at night)

Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream (I use this one during the day, since it stays on through hand washing)

MommaChristmas
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Cornhusker's lotion is good. Also glycerin for protection.

NikkiDoll
by Nicole on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

bump

LilGina
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM

This is the BEST hand cream I have ever used it makes my hands feel silky I love it pricey but so worth it ohh and also it smells so good every time i put it on I will randomly just smell my hands lol

http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3193211&cp=2484777.11213940&isCrossSell=1

SP_Mama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I have the same problem with my hands and I've never found anything that really works because I seem to wash it all off before it has a chance to do any good.  :-(

save the date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)