Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warning This IS gross!!! 2nd Update

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM
  • 54 Replies

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but last week i had a bad toothache and i thought it was an abcessed tooth. Well now my tooths not hurting me, but a couple days ago i sounded like i was getting a cold or sinus infection. Well i started smelling this awful smell and was thinking i stunk or something..NO I dont its my nose im smelling. It smells awful!!! My mouth is starting to smell bad too. Tonight my nose felt like it was running and i put my hand to it and something told me to smell my hand and i did. It smelled like rotten belly button i swear!!! My mouth smells awful and my nose. I have no insurance to go to a dr but WTF is this? I still sound like i have a cold. IDK

throwing up

EDIT: I called the clinic and its gonna be 101 dollars so im gonna go to the er. Ill update as soon as i get back

EDIT: I just got home from the ER. I did have an abcess its not swollen on the outside but pretty swollen inside. She gave me antibiotics for 10 days! Thanks for all the wishes that means alot to me!!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms_mommy_sue
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM

sounds like the tooth or something else is rotting or halitosis. only a dentist could tell for sure or a dr

Vanmari
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Well, you better get it checked out, it could be a serious infection...especially with the smell. 

Christy644
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM

PLease please please I am begging you with every ounce of me to please go get that infection taken care of PLEASE. That infection is BAD.

My brother had an abscesed tooth. It turned horribly infected,. I mean almsot exactly how you are describing. 3 months later that same infection had eaten a hole in his heart. He sits here with me still, but now he's in a damn jar. 

Go get that infection taken care of NOW!

My life story can't be a LIFETIME movie...It has to be

a

mini-series!

WhiskerLickins
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM

So sorry to hear about your brother.  That is so scary!  OP, hopefully you can get your infection taken care of!

Quoting Christy644:

PLease please please I am begging you with every ounce of me to please go get that infection taken care of PLEASE. That infection is BAD.

My brother had an abscesed tooth. It turned horribly infected,. I mean almsot exactly how you are describing. 3 months later that same infection had eaten a hole in his heart. He sits here with me still, but now he's in a damn jar. 

Go get that infection taken care of NOW!

ibelieveinpeace
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Wow, I don't know. Maybe you could go on a symptoms website and get some ideas. It sounds odd,

CnMe31
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Infections like that can lead to worse things.  Go to a charity hospital or something.

mackQuin
Infections in teeth can go to your brain. Not wanting to scare you but it can be deadly.
Call local schools that offer dental hygiene. Do something. The health dept. Something. Please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marluvspooh

you need to go to some clinic.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM

go to the doc ASAP that infection can kill you! it's so close to your brain and can get into your nervous system too. could also be a big thing in your throat, did u try flossing that tooth and smelling it to see if it's in your whole mouth or just that spot. go to a free clinic if u have too asap!

Christy644
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM

If you don't come back in here and tellus you are going to go see a DR tonight or tomorrow I promise you I will go into horrid detail of the nasty things this infection can and will do to your body.

Yes the infection is close to your brain which can kill you quick but I promise you that infected brain death will be the easiest way to die compaired to what could happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)