Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find this to be true?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
"We can't be all things to everyone all the time."

I read this is another post. I find this to be untrue, for me. I am everything to my children all the time. I am all they have.

Do you know of any other instances where this may be true?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jessil83
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

i do find it to be true. i see it as you can't be perfect for everyone every minute of the day. you can't be the perfect mom, wife, neighbor, friend, daughter, sister, etc...every second of every day.

FL2AK
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM
I think it is true. While my children are always taken are of, there are friends and family that I often do not have time for. With work, school, my kids and my husband I don't often have a lot of free time for phone calls and visits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I absolutely find it to be true.  You may be everything to your CHILDREN all the time, but you're not everything to EVERYONE all the time. 

JAJA_Steele
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I find it true, even my kids get frustrated with me sometimes.

HeartsCombined
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Unfortunately, because my husband and mother do not often see eye-to-eye, I am more of a wife than a daughter. She wanted to go to the circus with us next week, he wanted to do it alone "as a family" and I honored his wishes, though feeling like I'm lacking a bit in being a good daughter and including my mom. Is that like what you mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)