Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate my IL's ***Long

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • 46 Replies

UGH my In-Laws are evil and mean.

My IL's have never liked me (apparently I ruined and destroyed their son) Well My husband died two years ago in a car accident. We had 2 daughters already and the week before he died we found out I was 9 weeks pregnant with our third baby. Jeremy (DH) was so happy he called every one and started picking out baby names. Then a week later he passed away and suddenly to his family our kids and me didn't not exist to them any more. After the funeral they just cut my girls out of their lives. I under stand that they were grieving, but so were my girls. My little girls who didn't understand what was happening didn't understand why all of a sudden their Grandma and grandpa were ignoring them. I would email them sometimes letting them know how everyone was doing. I never received a response. When I had Kinley I called them to let them know she was here they ignored my phone calls.

When Kinley was about 6 months old. my IL's called suddenly and wanted to see Kassidy and Kendyl. (not one word about Kinley) I said that they could see the girls for a couple hours. They came to get the girls and just left didn't acknowledge Kinley didn't even look at her. 

This has been happening like this since then about every 2  months they will want to see Kassidy and Kendyl, but want nothing to do with Kinley. I wanted my girls to know their grandparents, but now I am not so sure. Kinley is only 18 months so she doesn't fully understand yet, but soon she will and i dont want her hurt..

So today was like the usual when they come over, but Kinley went up to them and was being cheerful and happy and wanted to play. My MIL looked at her with a look of utter disgust. I felt like i was kicked in the stomach and asked  my girls to go play out side and I looked right at my IL's and asked them what the hell was their problem. Why did they want nothing to do with Kinley.

Their reasoning, that because Kinley was born after jeremy died she couldnt possibly be his and that I needed to stop deluding myself that she was his. I asked them to leave that second.

I am sorry you stupid idiots. Kinley was was born 6 1/2 months after Jeremy died. She looks just like him and acts just like him.

UGH it just pisses me off..

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM

WOW....they are crazy....good for you for standing up to them. I would not allow them back untill they accepted the youngest child as well.

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 PM

I would tell them to F off! Good for you for standing up for you and your kids!

They sound crazy!

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:48 PM

i am so sorry that you are going thru this. what do they want? a paternity test??

Litlmama87
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:50 PM
You would think they would embrace every reminder of their son they could. Smh im sorry to hear that. But I wouldn't let them take the older two anymore. No matter what the ages, playing favorites is wrong...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NEMommaOf3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Good for you, honey. they are insane. All 3 of those gorgeous girls look just alike and they don't need toxic assholes in their lives like that.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM

they are idiots!!

StefInIdaho
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I would cut their nutty asses off.... all three of your girls deserve better!

Devious103102
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry they're doing this to you. I had an idea, before I even read the last part, that that was the reasoning behind why they were doing what they were, and it's horrible. I'd tell them that until they can accept Kinley as their grandchild, and your husbands child, to not bother with the other 2.

ryansgal07
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM
So sorry mama!! That is horrible of them to be like that. If i were u i wouldn't let them anywhere near my children if that's how they acted. Your in my thoughts girly!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommam58122
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Good for standing your grounds however i dont know that i would have said the same as you in your last statement. It shouldnt be a she looks and acts just like him it should be i never cheated on him i loved him and was faithful to him its his no if ands or butts about it. im sorry they are acting like that and im glad you told them to leave. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)