Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

too much for a 5 year old?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM
  • 24 Replies

I'm thinking of teaching DS how to fold his clothes. When he gets dressed, he has to put on like 3 different pairs of pants before he finds the one that feels right... and throughout the day, he'll change into 3 more different pants/shorts. He just throws them back into his dresser, which makes it hard for the other clothes to fit in there too...

so what do you think? too much for a 5 year old? He already puts his own clothes away.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Not too much for a 5 yo.

happy.go.lucky
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM
Nope. My five year old folds all of his laundry and towels!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamombygrace
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Not sure. My oldest is 5 and still needs assistance getting dressed and she can fold her clothes. Like your son she will change a million times and her Sister gets into things...so we just use a family closet. I have all our clothes in the same big walk in closet and it just saves a lot of time/energy:)

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM

i vote you just make him wear one outfit a day.  changing clothes 3 times a day is unneeded.  

i would teach him you choose one outfit, the night before and that's it.  you wear it all day.

anikahaynes1
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:08 PM

No my dd just turned 5 and is interested in learning how to fold clothes so I dont think so.

phenomenallyMe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I think it is an awesome idea. 

My ds is 6 and his weekly chore is to fold the towels.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  Mother Teresa
jc7981

My 5 year old is expected to fold and put her laundry away as part of her list of chores.

jessil83

dd helps fold the laundry and put it away she's 5. but i would also work on teaching him that he doesn't need to change that often.

MamaCass1219
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I think a 5 year old can definitely fold their own clothes , of course it isn't going to look the way it does when you fold it . I think the main thing here is telling your son to stop changing his clothes all day . It's just not necessary and it's obviously creating more work for you ....

CafeMom Tickers

sara_3388
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 PM

I think it's a good idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)