Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD was in the hospital yesterday

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM
  • 11 Replies

Yeah 1:47am yesterday morning DD woke up throwing up, once fine, twice okay,by the fifth time I called my mom for a ride to ER. She got sick again on the ride there. Got to ER signed in, waited DD seemed fine running all over the waiting room (she wouldn't sit still and we were the only ones in the area). They called us in checked her in, we went into a room this was about an hour later from waking up. She got sick twice more in the room. Mostly flem (sp?). By 4:10 they gave her some medication, not even an hour later they were going to let us go home when she got sick again. Well that was it, they came and took her blood. It took 3 of us to hold her down. Poor thing they poked her hand three times to try to get blood and it didn't work. Finally they got it from her arm.

Well she screamed and cried for over an hour after because they left the tiny tube in her arm, and she couldn't bend her arm. But finally she calmed down and drifted off to sleep as did my BF and I. I was holding her. Well a nurse popped in told us we were being moved upstairs, I was half asleep I didn't know what she ment. I just said okay and drifted back off. 9:30 someone came in and moved DD and I on the bed to pediatrics. They hooked her up to an IV and asked lots of questions. Put her on a liquid diet, let her drink deluted juice and she fell asleep around 11:30. I had been told when we got into the room the doctor would be in to see us shortly, well the doctor never came in till 2:30 in the afternoon. At which time DD was still sleeping. I even moved her twice and she slept right through it. But they let me put her on a big bed with me or her daddy either on it with her or right by her. The crib they had scared her.

Well after the doctor came in, she said DD could have solid food for dinner, if she ate it she could go home. They couldn't trace though what had made her so sick. After the doctor left DD woke up about 10 minutes later. She seemed fine, a little lathargic but not too much. She sat with me till I had to run to the store and she drank liquid and watched TV with me. Then she stayed with her daddy. She ate half a grilled cheese (if that) and some apple pie for dinner. So they let us go home. At home she ate yogurt. Except when she went to go to bed she got sick on the food from the hospital not the yogurt. So that is what she ate today, yogurt, rice and applesauce. With deluted juice and water. Not one time has she been sick today.

I wish there was some way to trace what made her sick to see if it could have been mold. Ugh I am frustrated. I wish I knew.

DD sleeping.

My poor baby's arm. Her hand and arm are all black and blue today.

I thought this pic was just too cute though, even in the hospital. Sorry pics are small they are from my cell.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCass1219
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that . Your poor baby . Why would you think it was from mold though ? Scary as it could be sometimes , it could of just been a 24 hour stomach thing .... Glad she is feeling better though :)

CafeMom Tickers

angelgirl0225
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM

The only reason I think it might be the mold is because, as I put in another post, the place we are living at has mold in the bedroom where DD use to sleep. She no longer sleeps there, we moved her out of the room when we found it and we are moving out on the 20th. She was sick similar to this last year in our old place which also had gotten mold.

Quoting MamaCass1219:

I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that . Your poor baby . Why would you think it was from mold though ? Scary as it could be sometimes , it could of just been a 24 hour stomach thing .... Glad she is feeling better though :)

cyndiwoods

aww hope she feels better

i.heart.rachel

:(

MamaCass1219
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM

ohhh , yea that is terrible . Mold can cause serious sickness . So glad you guys are getting out of there :)

Quoting angelgirl0225:

The only reason I think it might be the mold is because, as I put in another post, the place we are living at has mold in the bedroom where DD use to sleep. She no longer sleeps there, we moved her out of the room when we found it and we are moving out on the 20th. She was sick similar to this last year in our old place which also had gotten mold.

Quoting MamaCass1219:

CafeMom Tickers

angelgirl0225
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

i.heart.rachel I promised her something special for being such a good girl in the ER and everything so once I pay off is unexpected bill I will be buying a dress :) She is already getting a bottle on NYC nail polish this weekend (glad it is cheap, lol).

angelgirl0225
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Mamacass me too :)

kiernansmom08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

I don't know where you live, but there is an awful stomach bug going around here where we are.  DD and I just got over it.  She threw up the other night literally every 20 minutes all...night...long.  It was horrible.  The doctors just told us to keep her home and try to keep gatorade in her, I really thought she was going to have to go to the hospital.  Glad your dd is feeling better!

itsallabtthem84
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Hope she is feeling better by now.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Poor little sweetie:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)